Haiku

The clouds open up,
And let loose their mournful tears.
Earth drinks their sorrow

Posted May 26, '11 at 6:29pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

You write excellent haikus and poems. Keep it up!

Posted May 26, '11 at 7:00pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

You write excellent haikus and poems. Keep it up!

Glad you like them. Thanks m8.

Posted May 26, '11 at 7:16pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

669 posts

A maverick is a type of cow right? and nice poems, seriously

Posted May 26, '11 at 7:27pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

A maverick is a type of cow right?

A 'maverick' is an unbranded cow of any gender.

and nice poems, seriously

Thanks a lot, seriously.

Posted May 27, '11 at 4:31pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,230 posts

Well well well Mav.
You should try to write another poem. I miss them D:
Your haikus are breath taking as usual ">,>
You really do have a talent for taking three small lines and transforming them into something beautiful.

Posted May 27, '11 at 4:46pm

Paarfam

Paarfam

1,188 posts

Your last one was pretty good. That last metaphor (Or w/e they're called) weighed out the poem, better or worse I'm not sure. If better, I wouldn't be surprised if you took home the gold.

Posted May 27, '11 at 5:16pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

You should try to write another poem. I miss them D:

I'm actually working on a free verse for the poetry contest. Should be done either tonight or tomorrow. :D

Your haikus are breath taking as usual ">,>
You really do have a talent for taking three small lines and transforming them into something beautiful.

Thanks, though I've had a lot of practice.

Your last one was pretty good. That last metaphor (Or w/e they're called) weighed out the poem, better or worse I'm not sure. If better, I wouldn't be surprised if you took home the gold.

Theres a lot of good haiku's in the contest, so I'd say its anyone's game right now. And thanks for the compliment. :)

Posted May 27, '11 at 5:24pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,230 posts

I'm actually working on a free verse for the poetry contest. Should be done either tonight or tomorrow. :D

Give me a ring on my profile to check it out, mkay? :D

Thanks, though I've had a lot of practice.

Just from competing in the Haiku contest or elsewhere? Because even people that practice for years couldn't really define things the way you have an ability to do.

Posted May 27, '11 at 7:18pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Give me a ring on my profile to check it out, mkay? :D

I will do that. :)

Just from competing in the Haiku contest or elsewhere? Because even people that practice for years couldn't really define things the way you have an ability to do.

I read a ton, so I'm in near constant contact with quality literature (Dante, Robert Frost, Maya Angelou, Gary Soto, Poe, O. Henry, and Emily Dickinson are some of my favorite poetsand authors), so I read a lot of styles and poetry in general. And I jot down a lot of poems, though I don't ussualy post them up here because I don't think there very good.

I also write a lot for practice, about 30 minutes to an hour, just writing whatever comes to mind. I ussualy get some time in on AG just typing up stuff.

With the Haikus, they just come to me. I dunno really, I just think and it suddenly appears. And I google image other topics just to get an idea of what people think when they see 'Fire and Ice'. Ussualy, obvious stuff comes up, but sometimes something really interesting turns up.

Reply to Lamentations

You must be logged in to post a reply!