ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Easier Deleting of Comments on Your Profile

16 13370
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Right now, the only way you can delete comments on your profile is to click the delete button, then answer the "are you sure" question, then go to the control panel and click update profile. Maybe we could just click delete and have the "are you sure" question. It would be a lot easier, at least for me.

• 16 Replies
crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

yeah that'd be good. I always wondered why the comments were not deleting lol

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I think if you go in the view all comments page you don't need to update your profile, you just have to click the bin button.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They could just add the select all feature or if you could select more than just one comment at a time to delete.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

you can do that on the all comments page, but i still think it would be easier if you could do it directly from your profile page.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

wait, never mind. theres a checkmark button but i can't get it to work. if you want to delete multiple comments it also hard because when you click delete it goes back to the profile page.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

You can't delete multiple comments at the moment on this site. I understand what you are saying and I've tried to delete multiple by doing that but it doesn't work. The only thing you can do is just delete them one at a time which will take about 30 minutes for me if i wanted to delete all my comments, but that's just a waste of time.
In AG3 there should be a new feature added where you can delete more.
When you do delete comments though they don't go away fast unless you click control panel and press update profile then the comment you deleted should be gone.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

why should you delete all the comments? the people who wrote them would lost tons of APs!

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

he was saying IF he wanted to, which he probably doesn't, and it was an example to show that it takes forever to delete multiple comments.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Ok ok I thought maybe he doesn't know that deleting comments make the writer lose ap so I wanted to say him in time.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I know that the writer loses the AP if I delete there comment. I did say if up there on my second post.

The only time I ever delete someones comment on my profile is if it's spam or something useless.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The fastest way to delete comments on your profile, especially if there are multiple messages, is to right-click and "new-tab" the trashcan. Do this to every message you want to delete, then update your profile. All the messages should be deleted, and all you gotta do afterwards is clean up the unnecessary tabs.

Other than that, I do agree with a reformed comment-deleting system, built kinda like how you update your profile in AG3. Updating your profile there doesn't require refreshing the page which takes some of the time out. So if you apply that to deleting comments, it is faster and doesn't require refreshing the page.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, keep in mind that the whole commenting system on AG3 is going to be completely different, so you'll need to evaluate it in the beta and *then* decide on feature changes.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Is the commenting system going to be in Falchion?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I could be wrong, but I *think* commenting will be in Falchion. This was in our updated newsletter:

Initially, we are enabling status updates and the ability to comment on your other peoples' status updates. We will also be enabling the aspects of the privacy tools as well so that users can begin to control the distribution of their information.

So, will we be commenting on the activity stream? On the profile itself? Both? This is the most-updated info I found, and Falchion will be released in 3 days supposedly, so stick around for that!
payne2008
payne2008
12 posts
Nomad

GhostOfMatrix - They could just add the select all feature or if you could select more than just one comment at a time to delete.

I agree with Ghost on this and they should add a feature like that. Even though I am not having this problem (Yet :P haha) it would be a very good idea
Showing 1-15 of 16