Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Rate Spammers.

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:47am

Outstanding

Outstanding

75 posts

Gaboloth, I'm new to Armor Games, but I was wondering. Where can I look at the current leaders?

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:51am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

Hehe look at the current leaders none of them has +100 posts but they have already +2000 points!

Yes I've seen that. The leader has a lot of games rated and 1 comment and 0 forum post. That's why it should be taken out. It's just way too easy to get a lot of points through rating games.

Hey Outstanding if you click this and scroll down you should see them on the left and click see full ranking.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 9:05am

Outstanding

Outstanding

75 posts

Thanks Ghost. The first guy earned it legit though. He has like 19,000 posts.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 9:07am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

The first guy earned it legit though.

Yes I know he is on the left with the top people of all time.
Look to the right though and click the person on the top you will see he has about 1600 games rated, 1 comment and 0 post.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 2:05pm

5hadowles5

5hadowles5

97 posts

it is a double edged sword... i think but rating a game does contribute to the games overall rating which contributes to the fact that it may be put on the popular list which in that makes rating a contribution so i think it deserves points but like for every 2 rates 1 point or something.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 2:08pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

You can still rate games, but I don't think people deserve to get points for it since you can basically rate a whole bunch then have a lot of AP and a high rank. If you look at the homepage and the leaders for this month you can see the first person has about 1600 games rated and 1 comment and 0 forum post.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 4:25pm

Blackwolves990

Blackwolves990

320 posts

ok, but those point on the gamers page, will change too ???? i will lose point again !

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 4:40pm

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,941 posts

That is just wrong. I think you should get 1/2 and AP for rating games, that way you would have to rate 20 just to get 10 points.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 4:48pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

That would be way better than giving people 2AP for rating games. Still though they would just stay up for hours rating games just to get more and more.
I think you should get 2AP for post, 1AP for comments, keep the 25 for merits if they still have merits in AG3, keep the 20AP for making games and no AP for rating.
The comments should be 1AP because I see people that just spam comments everywhere just to boost there AP and I think people have been banned already for doing that which I find very amusing.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 4:49pm

SNIPERx13x

SNIPERx13x

101 posts

You can still rate games, but I don't think people deserve to get points for it since you can basically rate a whole bunch then have a lot of AP and a high rank. If you look at the homepage and the leaders for this month you can see the first person has about 1600 games rated and 1 comment and 0 forum post.

That's why we need an anti-rate-spammer sistem