Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Idea.

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 2:07pm

acepilot0

acepilot0

360 posts

I highly doubt that you are going to be at the top of the list from just rating games, and the rating functionality will never be fully removed. I think that removing the rating function or removing the armor points attached to it will make for an increase in game review spam, and that is bad enough as is.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 6:52pm

webkinzlover7654

webkinzlover7654

2,866 posts

I don't think that it should be removed, It's not like Armor Points matter much, they won't get you anywhere else in life, but if it did, and people spent a living getting Armor Points, then you should remove it.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 6:52pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I think that removing the rating function or removing the armor points attached to it will make for an increase in game review spam

That is why they have a filter that cleans out the spam.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:18pm

Outstanding

Outstanding

75 posts

I highly doubt that you are going to be at the top of the list from just rating games

Have you looked recently?

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:24pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I highly doubt that you are going to be at the top of the list from just rating games

You can get pretty high up there but never the highest ranks since they don't have that many games to get that much AP. Still though you can get a good rank. If you look for this months leaders all of them just spam game ratings and the leader did that all this month and has gotten over 3000AP.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:33pm

acepilot0

acepilot0

360 posts

To be honest, is it really that big of a deal? It is just points on a website, and I have never looked at monthly ratings before today. While there is spam on the website, you cannot punish the rest of us simply because some do rating spam. Not all of us like to chat on the forums, or are articulate with words to write a thorough game review, so we do our part by rating games.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:35pm

Outstanding

Outstanding

75 posts

That's not what is wrong with it. I don't mind people rating games that they have ACTUALLY played.I'ts that most spam raters haven't even played the game.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:37pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

It's still rating spam though.
I highly doubt that these people have actually played 1500+ games in one month time to actually give it a good rating.
It's not really a big deal for me. It's just really annoying what people actually do to gain Armor Points.

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 5:18am

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

It's just really annoying what people actually do to gain Armor Points.

Tell me about it... and when we discipline them for it, they call us names. Or when we clean up spam, they get mad at us for taking away the ill-gotten points. /sigh

Anyway, the whole points system is splitting into two pieces and getting an overhaul. rating spam won't exist in AG3 -- I'm building it myself.

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 5:19am

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

er, I'm building the game rating portion myself... not the entirety of AG3. )