ForumsNews and Feedbackmulti language suggested in the "armor games"

7 4443
jeankorb
jeankorb
7 posts
Nomad

multi language suggested in the "armor games"

I see that Armor Games is a site that currently contains a volume of something players. so not a good idea to do a site with multi language support to facilitate the understanding of players who do not master the English language the content of the FAQ for example between other site content.
Another suggestion is to specify areas for each country to facilitate the exchange of information between the players!

ArmorGames Thanks again for this site I love to attend every day.

• 7 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I think the cormyn said that it would be too complicated to have users speaking different languages, and that on-the-go translators wouldn't really work because they aren't really perfect.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

You can redirect to here, if you haven't already, Jeankorb: That contains a thread in which Cormyn says the team will internationalize the site.

jeankorb
jeankorb
7 posts
Nomad

Freakenstein thank you for the information that is difficult for me to check all the forum since I have to translate in order to understand the issues and this is impossible!
I eagerly wait for AGv3 hope there is a part of the forum for Brazil: P certainly not be the only happy if this happens!

I will still playing! sorry that is bad for tips and news, as no one put this information in Portuguese!

Portuguese-Brazil AGv3 gooo! > D

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I imagine that some of the languages will be French, German, Spanish, and Russian, since Alexa deems these the most language areas for traffic. Just how far will the AG team go in terms of internationalizing the site, I wonder?

jeankorb
jeankorb
7 posts
Nomad

Space the final frontier, AG aim to err on the moon if she will be among the stars!

cliché! : P Abraço goes up ta Hungarian AGv3 this, just can not forget my Portuguese-Brazil!

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Freak and Healmeal are correct, we ARE going to work on an internationalization of the site, but we will probably state in our rules that all comments left on the site must be done in English so we don't have to hire a world-wide team of translators.

Translating things on the fly is possible with translation tools, but they're expensive and inaccurate which makes it impractical.

see? i was right!!!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, we do want to "internationalize" the site, to a point. The easy part, however, is hiring translators. The hard part is convincing users who would be reading the site in French to post comments in English.

We're looking at some translation tools, maybe plugging into Google's "Translate" API to translate things on the fly and save the translated English along with the original non-English comments for moderation, but then we also run into the problem of finding moderators for those languages.

It will be a difficult process, and I'd wager a guess that it will be late 2011 before we see a translated version of AG.

Showing 1-7 of 7