Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Space for chatting?

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:18pm

crazenird

crazenird

336 posts

Right now on Armor Games there is no place for just open chatting other then profile pages, and i understand that with hundreds of people online at any given moment, chatrooms could get pretty hard to moderate, but does anyone know if there will be any space for chatting on AG3?

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 8:32pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I think that AG could have a couple chat rooms and then have people moderate them like some of the normal members if there willing too. Instead of taking these moderators and putting another thing on there list to do. Just keep them here and have a certain group of people just to moderate the chat rooms.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 9:15pm

payne2008

payne2008

12 posts

Like (Sorry for using another site as an example) OMGpop they have a pop out chat that you click on and you choose from user created chatrooms I think something like that would be really cool

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 10:27pm

v6y

v6y

1,254 posts

I think this is planned in the future, but it will be the latest innovation of AG3.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 10:29pm

Outstanding

Outstanding

75 posts

Also, it doesn't send an actual friend request when you add a friend. It just adds them to your profile and they are on your friends list. They don't even know that you added them.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 10:32pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

Also, it doesn't send an actual friend request when you add a friend. It just adds them to your profile and they are on your friends list. They don't even know that you added them.

The team planned to have a friend request system in the future, where both parties have to add each other to be on the friend's list.

Not sure about the chat room thingy.

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 10:34pm

Outstanding

Outstanding

75 posts

Great to hear, Freakenstein. It really bothers me when the other person doesn't even know that you added them.

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 5:07am

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

Yeah, our current "friend" setup is going to change into a "follower" setup on AG3. People you mark as "friends" here will become people you "follow" on AG3. You'll have a double-opt-in process to establish a friendship link between you and other users (you initiate a friendship request, they must respond).

v6y answered about the chat room. Dan likes the idea, but Larry and I are a little wary about it simply because of the lack of moderation.

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 7:40am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

lack of moderation.

That's why I said you could keep the current moderators here and make another group just for the chat rooms. Something like that. (just an idea)

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 7:53am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

When we last had a chatroom, it was a very scary thing. It would of been easier if we had created the chatroom instead of using Meebo, seeing as mods could not ban anyone in the room itself. So it lead to a whole fiasco of people acting up, not heeding warnings and getting banned on the forums (thus banning them from the chat).

If we get a chatroom where mods can be made/selected and such, then it might work out. Take into account the PM system and even if there were no mods currently in the chat, a PM could be sent out to a mod if something happened. Mod hops on, lays down the law and goes on his/her/its merry way.