Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Space for chatting?

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 9:32pm

MrWarlord

MrWarlord

11 posts

Well, it should be private chat so you can talk privately and invite people to your game, such as, in Achievement Unlocked 2 I could send my friend code to them so they can play with me or otherwise just talk without tons of people. I site I think that does this very well is a website named OMGPOP. The whole set is, there is a little button that you can click and it automatically send an invite link to your friend. They also have a whole group chat, where people can make there on chat rooms and ban or silence those they please and there is one big chat that the actual site owns and CREW members are moderating it. In that chat the site hosts games that gives away coins and XP. So it is a fun way to gain XP.

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 9:33pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

On xat you can talk in the main or click on someones name and press private chat.

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 9:35pm

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,179 posts

AG had a chat room but there was spam or something...

Posted Dec 12, '10 at 9:40pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

AG had a chat room but there was spam or something...

The xat chats are better though. You can actually appoint people to control them.

Posted Dec 13, '10 at 5:54am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

The Meebo rooms failed miserably. I am only for another AG live chat service if some sort of effective moderation system is put in place.

I don't think Xat would be a good choice. I'm not too sure why. IM programs are one of the several ways you can communicate with specific users, but not everyone is able to or willing to download them.

Posted Dec 13, '10 at 7:29am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,156 posts

I'm pretty sure Xat would be too chaotic, even if there were multiple rooms. And then you have the groveling for mod/owner/main status...