ForumsNews and FeedbackSpace for chatting?

34 8153
crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

Right now on Armor Games there is no place for just open chatting other then profile pages, and i understand that with hundreds of people online at any given moment, chatrooms could get pretty hard to moderate, but does anyone know if there will be any space for chatting on AG3?

• 34 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

1) Lack of Moderation (as mentioned previously)

Have a different set of people moderate the chats.

2) Size: A whole bunch of people get on and you expeirence major laggage.

Make more than one chat room.

If I posted something ban-worthy, and messages auto-delete, I could just spam to cover it up.

If someone spams on a chat room you can just silence them.
For an example on the xat chat rooms you can turn protect on then the guest cannot talk for 3 minutes.
StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

I Think this is a fantastic idea! But we should have the option because somtimes it Lags BAD!! There should be a chatroom for each AP Point section like all squires there and knights go there and kings are there and so on!

spacedingo
spacedingo
243 posts
Nomad

Or will it be both?

That's probably going to be the case.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

There should be a chatroom for each AP Point section like all squires there and knights go there and kings are there and so on!

I don't like that idea. I would just like it to be for everyone.

But we should have the option because somtimes it Lags BAD!!

No one ask other people to go to the chat rooms. It should just be an extra feature.
spacedingo
spacedingo
243 posts
Nomad

They have one on Exit Path and Colony... shouldn't that be enough for us, for the time being?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

They have one on Exit Path and Colony...

That's not really a "chat room". It's just during the game you can talk to other people.
We're talking about chat rooms for AG so people can converse with each other.
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Not all people play Colony and Exit Path you know. So how could they chat with someone else? Just saying spacedingo.

spacedingo
spacedingo
243 posts
Nomad

That's not really a "chat room". It's just during the game you can talk to other people. We're talking about chat rooms for AG so people can converse with each other.

True, but it would be really hard to make one... I can make one and post the link, but that would be advertising.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

True, but it would be really hard to make one...

It's not hard to make a xat chat room. It only takes about 5 minutes to make one.
spacedingo
spacedingo
243 posts
Nomad

It's not hard to make an xat chat room

Oh I thought you were thinking about one that was built in to AG like, home made... Never mind then.
derek13756
derek13756
168 posts
Nomad

i think it woulb kinda hard to make a chat room

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

i think it woulb kinda hard to make a chat room

Why do you say this? Can you clarify?
MrWarlord
MrWarlord
11 posts
Nomad

Well, it should be private chat so you can talk privately and invite people to your game, such as, in Achievement Unlocked 2 I could send my friend code to them so they can play with me or otherwise just talk without tons of people. I site I think that does this very well is a website named OMGPOP. The whole set is, there is a little button that you can click and it automatically send an invite link to your friend. They also have a whole group chat, where people can make there on chat rooms and ban or silence those they please and there is one big chat that the actual site owns and CREW members are moderating it. In that chat the site hosts games that gives away coins and XP. So it is a fun way to gain XP.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

On xat you can talk in the main or click on someones name and press private chat.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

AG had a chat room but there was spam or something...

Showing 16-30 of 34