ForumsGamesBubble Tanks 3

30 13935
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Bubble Tanks 3 finally made its way to ArmorGames! I really enjoyed the game a lot. There are a few things I would like to mention, both good and bad.

First off, the game runs very smoothly. There are moments where the game slows down some, but this only becomes a problem when you're around enemy tanks that heal. The layout seems much cleaner than Bubble Tanks Arena and the variety of weapons is simply amazing.

I do, however, wish you could customize your avatar tank from the main menu. I understand that part of the game is playing through and finding out what unlockable goodies there are to get, so I feel that an avatar creation button in the menu would be the perfect unlockable for beating the game!

I would also enjoy having the option to switch tiers while customizing your avatar tank. This way, when you have all 6 tiers unlocked, you can create tier 2 tanks without having to memorize the GP limit, the weapons you have unlocked, and so on.

If anyone else has any comments about BT3, go ahead and leave them here!

• 30 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I, for one have had a bit of hassle concerning the speed at which Bubble Tanks 3 has runned.
It is very bad for immersion BUT, that is the only problem, and if they can sort that out, then it would be... perfect?

I really enjoy the introduction of Allies (or reintroduction, since Bubble Tanks 2 had it previously), as well as the slight variety introduced in it. All abilities the enemies have (with exception to jamming weapons or using ink) are able to be done by your Tank (though often by different methods) and I really enjoy that this will be updated DAILY! New parts will be introduced MONTHLY! (Possibly the reason they have held back on giving you more variety with lazers and etc) Fantastic!
I also really enjoy the flowing of different units, I made roughly.... 10-12 different types of enemies and I slowly saw them flow into my game where I then had to fight them which was bloody difficult because I make them **** fast... lol D:

But yeah, that feature is incredibly powerful as the game we play is the game we make, for some of us.

Thank you HI!

On the last note, the problem with Frames on these Flash Games is very bad, and it was also there in Bubble Tanks Arenas (usually with 50GP Cheat mind you), and thus I found something as simple as making other tanks incredibly laggy.

- H

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

The game is awesome. I think it would be perfect with:
1 an edit tank button in pause menu
2 three or four save slots where you can continue playing with your favorite tank without unlocking again all the weapons the next time.
Obviously no one likes to pay for stuff but herointeractive have to eat too

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Apologies for double post (I think AG needs to introduce editing ) but I also have another problem.

So, I'm making a Battlecruiser Tank (big big one) for the enemy it doesn't properly count the GP at all. It says max GP is 30 but when I exceed 18 it says I have too much.
Please sort this out :O

- H

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yes I forgot there are a few problems with gun points counting too. Once I had 12 gp but I couldn't reach 12, only 11

atomicinf
atomicinf
3 posts
Nomad

Here's my take on BT3+PP1.

Being able to edit your own tank, and enemy tanks, is a welcome addition to the mainline series. The editor this time around appears to use a metric related to total area covered by bubbles to determine tank size, a change designed to prevent the problem in BTA where you could create a class 6 tank with tiny signature radius. The one flaw with the editor is that, upon saving, the author name is always initialized to "BubbleTanks3". Having it initialized to the login name for logged-in users would be a major usability improvement, in my opinion.

Larger tanks, in my opinion, are still disadvantaged; since they have such a large signature radius they are easy to hit, which means they'll take too much incoming DPS from a busy bubblefield. The Forcefield and Shield help remedy this problem somewhat, though Shield is linked to the secondary weapon rack and so can't be used well with slower-firing secondaries.

Very nice addition in terms of radar and enemy health displays - much needed features, IMO. Also, your own health bar pops up when you take damage, which is an excellent and thoughtful change from BT2.

The Beam Cannon is overpowered - the already-impressive DPS is increased by the fact that the weapon is hitscan and thus is unaffected by transversal. The Rocket Launcher packs quite a punch for a secondary and CAN in fact make a decent weapon system on its own - being a direct-fire weapon able to address both clusters of small enemies and single large enemies, along with a decent cycle time.

Parts Pack 1 includes lock-on weapons, which can only address enemies on screen and require a short time to acquire targets. The primary issue I've found with these weapons is that they fail to fire without a lock (wasting a secondary weapon cycle) and thus, because of the mandatory lock-before-fire and long cycle time, are pretty easily outclassed DPS-wise by weapon systems with similar cost. The Railgun has very nice alpha, but few enemies have enough hitpoints to justify its use. I've found the Minigun to be useless, apart from looks - its DPS is too low to be worth the 8-point cost, and the spin-up delay is fatal in a busy bubblefield.

The mines that look like bubbles are a cunning, albeit annoying, addition to the series. The enemy repair beams are also a surprisingly welcome addition - it would be cool if enemies could spider-tank, though I haven't seen that behavior yet.

Oh, and if you're wondering, there is no upgrade tier after the boss level - the hitpoint bar just maxes out at 2000 and does not grow afterwards.

All in all, the newest addition to the Bubble Tanks family is quite enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to what Hero Interactive has in store for the game.

Boba2007
Boba2007
2 posts
Nomad

Oh, and if you're wondering, there is no upgrade tier after the boss level - the hitpoint bar just maxes out at 2000 and does not grow afterwards.

I'm pretty sad about this, there should be unlimited level-ups so you can add stuff to your tank with the editor. After the boss, it's boring because you don't have anything to try to do. Being able to upgrade and add stuff to your tank, watching it grow huge, would be so fun. Right now there's only about 1 hour of gameplay at most, and until they add this, I don't have anything to on this game.

Achievements would also be a great addition, possibly even a daily achievement to go in the daily updates.

I really hope Hero Interactive reads this ^_^
turbo10k
turbo10k
1 posts
Nomad

2x beam+ radar is probably the best combo in the game. Just pulverize everything in sight. But about the enemy editor, your own designs appear? I didn't know that! Or maybe I didn't play long enough to notice...rushed to beam+radar after super machine gun then beat the boss (massive boss)!

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

your own designs appear?

Not mine... :/

I've made plenty of different tanks, both allied and enemy. If you want to find any of them just go to "Search Tanks" and look for Highfire.

I currently have not seen more than a few foreign designs from other players except a neat one with a rocket launcher, as well as the Decoy Tank (if that is infact foreign).

Anyone know what the problem is? I feel it's because of the HP returned and that it is too big. :/

- H
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Imo machienguns pwn because they fire so fast, that you can make higher dps than cannons!And rocket launcher... slaughter is right word.
Adn I dont like big tanks too, because they are slower and its easier for enemies to hit you.But actually you pretty much need to make a big tnak, so you could attch lot of weapons for it.

cinnamon34
cinnamon34
121 posts
Nomad

LOVED all three bubble tanks. Except it is repetetive and it gets boring after a little while, but i still really like it. One of my favorite games of all time!!!

mrdan32
mrdan32
11 posts
Nomad

I like the game lot , it better than 1&2. the idea of healing tanks is a good one because it means you have think about what order to destroy the tanks in.

bob500953
bob500953
37 posts
Nomad

I enjoyed playing bubble tanks 3, but I was kind of disappointed that it only took me like 40 minutes to beat the game... I was expecting a little more, but i love the customization options a lot which adds some replay value

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I enjoyed playing bubble tanks 3, but I was kind of disappointed that it only took me like 40 minutes to beat the game... I was expecting a little more, but i love the customization options a lot which adds some replay value

Replay Value will come from several sources:
New weapons for both enemies and allies from Hero Interactive.
New Enemies that could come to you from Hero Interactive.
New Enemies created by other players (like me).
New combinations of yourself you could make for vanity purposes (mostly).
Making different versions of selected Tanks, or making sets of them (Boat ones, for example).

Which this also kind of brings me to my last question (still unanswered )
How come my Bubble Tanks will NOT come in? If you see them as you check through enemy tanks in your saved ones (made by Highfire) please tell me

- H
masteryoshimon
masteryoshimon
5 posts
Nomad

I love this game...for the most part.

The game is pretty expansive, tank editing is pretty simple, weapons are nice, enemies are plenty and entertaining, Hero Interactive set themselves nicely with a game that's relatively simple to expand and is widely enjoyable.

Some things that could use some working on are:

1) Tank editing at menu: Maybe an option for people after they complete the game -or- have it so that it saves your tank, and you can edit it up until the last tier you reached.

2) Save tanks/games: It's tiring to restart over and over again.

3) Share tanks: They're probably already working on this, But it could be a nice feature.

4) Parts Pack: I'm not saying for them to make it free or anything, they worked hard, they deserve the cash, BUT maybe cheapen it just a bit, like to $1.99 or $2.99, if you're going to constantly add new packs, the price will build up eventually, and become staggering to us players/buyers

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

The game does not load on win7 it stops at 100%, on vista though it works fine please fix this.

Showing 1-15 of 30