Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

ArmorGamesVideoReview

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 4:34pm

escartian

escartian

656 posts

So I guess the title says it all.
Maybe make a youtube account because videos take up too much space?

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 4:57pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Do what, now? I'm not following.

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 5:02pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I don't understand this - Are you saying for AG to make a youtube account because vids are taking too much space? I don't think AG has much videos around.

Or are you saying to make a AG vid review? - you can if you want...

Please elaborate on what you are saying.

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 6:39pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

remember, you should always give details. four words (the title) do not explain it all. please tell us with detail what your idea is.

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 10:00pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,664 posts

Hmm, interesting idea (if I'm interpreting that correctly) have an area of the site that gives video reviews of the flash games, although it seems that would best be left to a separate 3rd party site. The focus of AG is more that the users rate the games and no the site itself.

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 10:00pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

So I guess the title says it all.

No it doesn't, I urge you to be more precise. What videos?

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 10:08pm

escartian

escartian

656 posts

make a AG vid review

user created most probably

have an area of the site that gives video reviews of the flash games, although it seems that would best be left to a separate 3rd party site.

Elaboration: Make an area of ag for people to post reviews of games in video format (like amazon has the video product review thing)

Posted Dec 17, '10 at 10:10pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I'm not quite sure how it would work here, but people have been posting reviews to YouTube for a long time now. Why not continue to use that medium?

Posted Dec 18, '10 at 1:26am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

My video would be about 10 minutes long since AG3 is soo slow and laggy.

but people have been posting reviews to YouTube for a long time now. Why not continue to use that medium?

But what's the advantage? We already have a feedback system that seems to be pretty good.

Posted Dec 18, '10 at 7:54am

Reton8

Reton8

2,664 posts

But what's the advantage? We already have a feedback system that seems to be pretty good.

There is kind of a difference though between a comment on how to improve the game, a wlakthrough, and a review of a video game.

The comment is most likely only going to mention what the user really liked and what the user wanted changed.

The walkthorugh (a walkthrough video) is only going to show a user how to complete a game.

A review is like a comment in that it tells the user what the reviewer liked and did not like about a game, but it also tells the user what the game is about in more detail. The thing is, is it worth it to have an entire review video for a game you might be able to beat in the amount of time it would take you to watch the review?

Reply to ArmorGamesVideoReview

You must be logged in to post a reply!