ForumsForum GamesMythology RPG

87 19643
shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Hey everybody. I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people know me here, but I had a great idea for an RPG while reading. If you've ever read the Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson) series, I'm pretty sure you will recognize this idea. If not, but you just like mythology, this is also a great game for you!

Story-The gods have been around forever. only, they have been in different forms forever. They were in Greece, Rome, Egypt, and the northern areas with the vikings. You, are a child of these great gods. You have been leading a troubled life forever, with the ADHD and the Dyslexia. that's your battle reflexes and your brain hardwired for your God parent's language. Good thing too, as you have been attacked by monsters these past few days. You managed to escape, barely. Then, your parent came to you in a dream and told you where to go to meet someone to help you in your journey. They gave you a weapon (You choose, explained later) and a few supplies in a backpack. This is the beginning of your adventure.

Character Sheet-
Name:
Origin: (Norse, Egyptian, Greek, or Roman)
Specific God: (hopefully, you know your mythology and can pick a god. if not, I'll reccomend some.)
Stats: (This is your speed, strength, dexterity, Charisma, and Intelligence. You have 60 points for these, and your god can modify these. I will tell you how they are modified.)
Weapon of Choice: (You can usually use a bunch of weapons, but this is the weapon your god parent gave you. You use this one better than everything else. Can be a gun, a bow, a sword, etc...)
EquipmentYou start with some nectar and ambrosia [Which heal you, food of the gods and all] some regular food, and 10 gold coins [god money] and $50)
Powers: (based on your god, I will tell you some if you don't know any. You may pick a few, not too many, and I will modify your powers if you are too powerful)
Languages: (origin language, and american.)

Ok then. Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I'd like to see some people playing this! welcome to my game!

• 87 Replies
shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I don't know too much about Nike. Anyway, Athena's powers might be, "think harder" and it makes you solve a problem. "Battle strategy" you may notice something that others missed that may turn the tide of battle in your favor, such as a piece of wall or something that can be toppled easily on something. I don't know exactly, if you want to, you might make some suggestions of powers.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Name: Spartacus
Origin: Roman
Specific God: Jupiter
Strength: 20
Speed:10
Charisma:15
Dexterity:15
Intelligence:10
Weapon of Choice: Spear.
Equipment: Nectar, Ambrosia, Food, 10 Gold Coins, $50.
Powers: Rage: Inflict more Damage. Enthusiasm: Keep the groups moral going.
Languages: Roman, American

Alright when do we start?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I don't know too much about Nike. Anyway, Athena's powers might be, "think harder" and it makes you solve a problem. "Battle strategy" you may notice something that others missed that may turn the tide of battle in your favor, such as a piece of wall or something that can be toppled easily on something. I don't know exactly, if you want to, you might make some suggestions of powers.

Well...I don't really want Athena, I'd prefer one of the others.

Dike
Aesclepius
shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

medicine and healing then? ok. powers, "heal quickly" can patch up minor wounds without anything, "extended treatment" can treat a guy for multiple days on a sustained injury, can pull a guy almost from death back to life? anyways, those are ok spartacus... And does everyone realize that this is based on the current day?

Torvil321
Torvil321
22 posts
Shepherd

I think I would like the powers suggested.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

ok then. repost your character sheet, and let's get this game started then!

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Character Sheet-
Name: Democritus of Athens.
Origin: Greek.
Specific God: Nike.
Speed: 12
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 12
Charisma: 12
Intelligence: 12
Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle.
Powers: Heal Quickly, Extended Treatment.
Languages: Greek, American.

Hey, if it's modern, then can I have that as my weapon of choice?

Torvil321
Torvil321
22 posts
Shepherd

-Character Sheet-
Name: Pendril of Egypt
Origin: Egyptian
God: Set
Speed:11
Strength:14
Dexterity:12
Charisma:13
Intelliegence:10
Weapon of choice:Axe
Equipment:Nectar,Ambrosia,food,10 gold,$50
Powers: Minor Control,Minor Death
Languages:Egyptian/Hyroglyphics,American

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

yes. you can. just know that the bullets are going to be hard to find, as they have to be made of that celestial bronze to kill monsters.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Character Sheet-
Name: Democritus of Athens.
Origin: Greek.
Specific God: Aesclepius.
Speed: 12
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 12
Charisma: 12
Intelligence: 12
Weapon of Choice: .
Powers: Heal Quickly, Extended Treatment.
Languages: Greek, American.

Hmm...
Well, can't I make my own out of a mold?

Torvil321
Torvil321
22 posts
Shepherd

Im gonna keep my axe, even if it is modern.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Powers Inflict more Damage. Enthusiasm: Keep the groups moral going.

Sniper Rifle?!

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Powers Inflict more Damage. Enthusiasm: Keep the groups moral going.

Whoops sorry about that :P

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

yes, but the metal is going to be pretty hard to find. might want a melee weapon just in case. I'll give you a knife of the bronze, and 50 bullets. conserve your shots a bit, as you can shoot multiple times in one of my rounds of battle.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

So, we ready or still in planning a bit?

Showing 16-30 of 87