ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 27, 2010. Codename: Falchion II

47 10982
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamberge

We're hoping that this coming Monday's beta release will find some stability on the Cassandra database that's affecting several pages on the site.

We should have game ratings ready, and an expanded set of activity stream/comment features.

If the Cassandra database is stable enough, we'll send out invite codes.

• 47 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Each website you visit that utilizes "local storage" has its own specific location where files are located.

Thanks, Knight, that's exactly right.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

wow that was a nice view and pic of it all! thanks, AGI can be confusing who to use it for programing is bond me wish i knew but that is off topic right now!
i can't wait ! but sadly i can't get on much or for long on beta!!! not intenet! but i try! well hope there is uhmm.. well again no bugs... but again what do we do then! LOL XD

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I soon as I get a freaking code then I'll be able to actually see the beta.. haven't even seen it xd

BlackSkullDragon
BlackSkullDragon
161 posts
Peasant

@sourwhatup2 and v6y
You haven't received an invitation code because there were some bugs in the last release and the developers decided to wait until the new one to send the new codes. As cormyn said if everything seems to work fine on Monday, your invite codes will be sent. Just to let you know, the code and the newsletter are sent in different emails, so don't freak out if you don't find a code in the newsletter.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I haven't gotten to try out Falchion yet and you guys are already getting ready for Flamberge

The beta releases are cumulative... you're not missing anything on Falchion that you won't have on Flamberge. Except less bugs and more features.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're getting ready for our review meeting in a few minutes, and then plan out our afternoon launch. Looks like a lot of front-end user interface updates, and some database changes. Not sure if game ratings will make it into this release.

Our database issues from Falchion seem more stable, though possibly not 100% solved, so we'll probably send out some beta invites this afternoon.

As we get into the thick of it, I'll post on my Twitter feed as we do things, things like the newsletter release, etc.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Confirmed, we need to move our release to tomorrow.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

You haven't received an invitation code because there were some bugs in the last release and the developers decided to wait until the new one to send the new codes.

I knew this already.. I'm not dumb I read xD I was just saying that Ihope I getting soon.. basically.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm reconfiguring 3 database machines to give us better coverage and stability, then we're meeting up after lunch (BLT's, anyone?) to see where we're at, then we'll start putting together our newsletter and get thing rolling. I'll tweet as we go.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

database work is taking a little longer than expected, but we'll nearly double the size of our beta members when we send out invite codes in a second Email later today. (the first Email will be our newsletter as we're getting ready to launch our code)

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Alright.. I'll be ready to get my code :P

webkinzlover7654
webkinzlover7654
2,790 posts
Nomad

I luv BLTS.

Anyway, I'm still trying to find out all of the new features, you can't rate games yet, correct?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Not right now, but looks like the OP says we will be able to rate games today!

I er... like Bs. I dunt like lettuce or tomatoes on a sandwich--those go in a salad!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

sorry folks, game ratings will have to wait until the next release.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Larry just sent a bunch of bugs to James to fix while I continue some database stability work. Hopefully we'll all finish up around the same time and then we can push our code live, send out the newsletter, and welcome about 350 new beta users.

Showing 16-30 of 47