Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

programmer benefits

Posted Jan 11, '11 at 5:10pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

such as 10 AP for 1,000 plays, 20 AP for 2,000, etc.

No ... as I just re-iterated, the AP system is getting overhauled. We will not be awarding points for submitting games:

the whole AP system is changing, so we won't necessarily give "points" for submitting games.

The rest of the team also loves the idea of giving achievements to developers based on number of games, avg plays of all games, total plays of all games, maybe average rating of all games, etc.

Posted Jan 11, '11 at 6:39pm

ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak

778 posts

Yeah, I understand, I didn't necessarily directly mean AP, but some form of rewards.

^_^

Posted Jan 13, '11 at 10:44pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

Ok I don't no why there was an avetiment there but anyways
As I have said hmmm 4 or 5 times I don't care about piont, non of us developers do ( so wish they could keep up) I would not care if I got -1000 Ap
But AP may not even be in AG3 so maybe a rank with in deveplopers would be cool and some achezment would me awsome the detaled rating is another story but would be very usfull. Al though geting a low rank only gives you room to go up! And helps to know where you are at, though somme people. May not like it... but every one has to start some where.

I was thinking (that I can't remember what I was thinking hm...) we could make a better forum part to the forum and call it the "balck smith's anvil" or some thing and have it so files can be shared (or not) and a realy needed speacil text for when you type code and such.

Posted Jan 16, '11 at 3:31am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Yes, we've already talked about a 'showcase' area where you can post links to your artwork, swf files, etc., to get feedback from other users. It won't happen for AG3 launch, but should be added to the site some time this year.

Depending on the forum we end up using/building, we'll probably allow the use of the 'code' BBcode tag for monospaced fonts for writing bits of code, etc.

We're off topic though.

Posted Jan 17, '11 at 1:47am

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

Uhhhhhhhgggg stupid phone wrote out a big long comment and it lost seves and I lost it alll! Well let me re try the 3 paragraphs!

Any ways, not to go agenst your admidyfullness or any thing, but with all do respect I do not see this topic going of topic... this topic is for any thing that will help or make easyer or fun to program of AG where Ag employ or not.

But maybe making a beta sectoin to the site for the games, like on GM (game maker,yoyo games.com) where you can summit (with out pionts or what ever)
Beta version games, it help cuz poeple will play them and tell you what you need to add or fix or so, and help if you are making a game and it is taking so long and you want to put poeple at easy or even more so is it is talking so long that it seem hopeless and you'l never get it done with it, but if you put it on the beta game section you will see poeple playing and likeing or so your game and will give you the insperation to go on and make the offical. Although they might loose there data if the beta version or it the offical releass is make or changed. Unless you guys can make it work or the is a wy how to do it with those trick SOL files and stuff (ugh I hate data files like that)

But if we are going to do any pointage of any sort how would it be done? With rep? If you get anachement or some thing. But I hope you don't give negative rep for that! Exept if some one make realy cheap non playable game or some thing and they keep sending it or makeing more and you clearly give them a warning(s) then they still do it then I could see giveing bad rep...

Reply to programmer benefits

You must be logged in to post a reply!