ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

ReName?

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 23, '10 at 10:44pm

goldair1

goldair1

239 posts

Can we Rename...

lets say i do a new account and name it "LowRacer" and then some time(weeks) i want to rename it. ("Like this") so ca we?

Posted Dec 23, '10 at 10:55pm

goldair1

goldair1

239 posts

And if you join to a clan, you just add the clan bit, so on need to make a "new account" just for the clan"like GhostOf....

Lets say i join to "123" clan so my name will be 123_goldair1???

Posted Dec 23, '10 at 10:57pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I read somewhere that in AG3 you can change your name. So making a new account will be unnecessary.
And for your knowledge you can't make a GhostOf account for Exit Path without asking the clans leader or you'll be put on the fake list.

Posted Dec 23, '10 at 11:17pm

goldair1

goldair1

239 posts

I only said GhostOf as a  Example... what do u need to see the clan boss to get it as a Example now?

waiting...

Posted Dec 24, '10 at 12:17am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I've answered the question already. I read somewhere that there will be a feature added that you can change your name.

Posted Dec 24, '10 at 12:37am

samdawghomie

samdawghomie

2,069 posts

To quote Cormyn about the clan thing.

cormyn wrote:

Groups? Clubs? Clans?
We're unsure of what we'll call it, but some time AFTER the public AG3 launch, we'd like to build the idea of a "club" or "group" setup where someone can create a group and invite people to it. These could be used for game tournaments, etc. where the players wouldn't have to be friends or followers to share comments and ideas. Users will be able to join as many of these groups as they like. Any group activity will show up in your activity feed.

Again, quoting cormyn to answer you changing usernames question

cormyn wrote:

I'll finalize this with Larry and Dan soon, but right now I'm thinking that we might only let users alter their username one time when AG3 launches, and add a "previously known as" (pka) field. Maybe we'll award an "evading arrest" achievement or something fun to note that they've done a name change.

The p.k.a field would get populated with the user's previous username, and shown on their profile page, but would be un-editable by the user.

Posted Dec 24, '10 at 4:47am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

It's just he was asking if you can change your name in AG3(the new updated version of the website.)

Since what we've read and what samdawghomie posted about what cormyn has said there might be a way to change your username in AG3 without making a new account.

Posted Dec 24, '10 at 5:11am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Official response:

Right now, users have been creating alternate accounts, as a way of joining a clan, like the "GhostOf....." accounts. In AG3, you won't ned to do this because we are going to build a group/clan system where you only need your primary account and can join as many of these groups as you want.

Groups/Clans (or whatever we end up calling them) will be a feature we add some time after AG3 is launched -- it will not be a launch feature.

Aside from this, we are also going to allow users to change their username, but there will be restrictions. We've discussed this in another forum topic already.

Posted Dec 24, '10 at 5:26am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,148 posts

What kinda restrictions?

If this was already discussed, it was mixed in with another thread, so I couldn't find it ^^"

Posted Dec 24, '10 at 8:04am

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I think there were restrictions like you can only do it once every 6 months or so, or maybe it depends on your karma thingy...