ForumsNews and FeedbackReName?

14 5910
goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

Can we Rename...

lets say i do a new account and name it "LowRacer" and then some time(weeks) i want to rename it. ("Like this&quot so ca we?

• 14 Replies
goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

And if you join to a clan, you just add the clan bit, so on need to make a "new account" just for the clan"like GhostOf....

Lets say i join to "123" clan so my name will be 123_goldair1???

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I read somewhere that in AG3 you can change your name. So making a new account will be unnecessary.
And for your knowledge you can't make a GhostOf account for Exit Path without asking the clans leader or you'll be put on the fake list.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

I only said GhostOf as a Example... what do u need to see the clan boss to get it as a Example now?

waiting...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've answered the question already. I read somewhere that there will be a feature added that you can change your name.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

To quote Cormyn about the clan thing.

[quote=cormyn]
Groups? Clubs? Clans?
We're unsure of what we'll call it, but some time AFTER the public AG3 launch, we'd like to build the idea of a "club" or "group" setup where someone can create a group and invite people to it. These could be used for game tournaments, etc. where the players wouldn't have to be friends or followers to share comments and ideas. Users will be able to join as many of these groups as they like. Any group activity will show up in your activity feed.[/quote]

Again, quoting cormyn to answer you changing usernames question

[quote=cormyn]
I'll finalize this with Larry and Dan soon, but right now I'm thinking that we might only let users alter their username one time when AG3 launches, and add a &quotreviously known as" (pka) field. Maybe we'll award an "evading arrest" achievement or something fun to note that they've done a name change.

The p.k.a field would get populated with the user's previous username, and shown on their profile page, but would be un-editable by the user.
[/quote]

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's just he was asking if you can change your name in AG3(the new updated version of the website.)

Since what we've read and what samdawghomie posted about what cormyn has said there might be a way to change your username in AG3 without making a new account.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Official response:

Right now, users have been creating alternate accounts, as a way of joining a clan, like the "GhostOf....." accounts. In AG3, you won't ned to do this because we are going to build a group/clan system where you only need your primary account and can join as many of these groups as you want.

Groups/Clans (or whatever we end up calling them) will be a feature we add some time after AG3 is launched -- it will not be a launch feature.

Aside from this, we are also going to allow users to change their username, but there will be restrictions. We've discussed this in another forum topic already.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

What kinda restrictions?

If this was already discussed, it was mixed in with another thread, so I couldn't find it ^^"

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I remeber him saying it, that you can only change it once every six months, or just once, period.

domecraft
domecraft
333 posts
Nomad

That'd be awesome if we could.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

cormyn

I just wanted to know... that was all

gangdukevin
gangdukevin
3 posts
Peasant

yeah,restrictions shall be remained for like once a year

Answerer39
Answerer39
49 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of groups. But it would be nice if the person who owns it are given powers over it. And he/she can give other people power too! But the restrictions of usernames could be like you can change it only thrice or only 5 times. Otherwise it will be too confusing to track a user.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Actually for anyone that bothered to follow the other thread ...

We're looking at allowing name changes every 30 days, but during that 30 day period, your profile will show other users what your username used to be, and no other user can take that old name until your 30-day waiting period ends.

We're debating whether to make a 'lottery' system at some point for expiring usernames. You'd get to pick one username on the list that you want as your own new name, and if you get randomly selected, you'll get that new name, with the same restrictions such as not changing your name for 30 more days, your old name is reserved for 30 days too, etc.

We'll likely put heavy restrictions on what it will take to unlock this as a feature on the site for users, and won't be available when AG3 launches... it'll be something we build after we launch the site.

Showing 1-14 of 14