ForumsWEPRChristians Vs Catholics

69 10151
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Alright, I've gotten a lot of crap from people these days, who claim Catholics aren't Christians and vice versa.

How can you not be? Use your brains, Catholics are just a subset of Christianity, like Anglicans, Methodists etc.

You may not pray to Mary, but you do pray to Jesus.

Any thoughts?

• 69 Replies
skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

ignoring that only the first two are alive: at least of Marthin Luther, I know that he didn't lead a war. Thomas Müntzer, for example, did. he lost. well, that wasn't so much of a suprise.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

jesus said: your sins are forgiven. god didn't punish him for that, for jesus ís god. only god can forgive sins.

Jesus being God is still iffy. Some could interpret this as just Jesus relying the message rather then doing it himself. There are plenty claiming that Jesus changed the rules a bit. There are times where we have Jesus talking to God.

There is no fighting between religion,

Yeah right... >_>
Historical examples
Muslim conquests
French Wars of Religion
Crusades
Reconquista
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

When Lucifer called god out on the unfair treatment, he was booted from heaven.
Er... not quite. Satan does have many heroic qualities. He' constantly trying to overcome a greater force through wit and guile in pursuit of an ideal.

However, Satan's ambition causes his fall. He is second only to the Gster, but that's not good enough for him. Satan wants to become God's superior. He tries to be something greater than he is and so falls.

Why man is the good son is that, after man does the same thing (eating the apple in the Garden of Eden to try to gain power he was not meant to have), he repents. Satan never repents, thus he is the errant son. That's why we're on earth and he's burning in hell.

Now that I'm done summarizing Paradise Lost, I have to ask: What's wrong with baptizing Hitler?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

yes but consider the tale of job. It's like the pope makes a deal with hitler about who can kick a puppy the hardest. You expect lucifer to be evil but to have god agree to it makes him just as bad as lucifer.

Satan; Hey, God!
God; What is it Luci?
Satan; I bet I could go kick that puppy harder then you can.
God; Umm, no you can't.
Satan; Oh really? Then prove it.
God; Fine so long as we don't kill the puppy.
(Both kicks the puppy)
Satan; Well I guess I lost that one.
God; You are so evil, look what you made me do!
skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

NOWHERE in the bible stands that satan is a fallen angel, or kicked from heaven. the Lord cerainly is his superior.

'evil is not something god made. just like darkness is lack of light, evilness is lack of rightness.'

skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

ah, yes. I'm sorry. in some interpretation, this can mean that satan is a fallen something from heaven. but tis certainly doesn't mean that it can do what it wants.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

What does satan have to do with whether catholics are christians?...if you ask me...it seems a bit...TWISTED....

skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

nothing. we came here through the question if Jesus is God. and that came from protestants worshipping Jesus (because they worship God.) because catholics worshipping mary, (who was certainly NOT God.)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

This has gone very off topic.

Showing 61-69 of 69