ForumsNews and Feedbackfavourite games list improvement

32 10406
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

my idea is to be able to organize/customize the fav games list. this would be easier to find the games we want to play faster and more efficiently.

this could be done (in my view) 2 ways:
1: have the users create their own system, or
2: have the games separated by genre or author;
or maybe even both ways if possible

• 32 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

cool! i think that the best way would be by category (genre)

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

And once you voted for your favorite games, you can add 10 of your fav. to your top 10.

Just a suggestion!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Organizing it might be handy. We'll need some ideas on them. Right now, we could probably sort them alphabetically, or by the number of times you've played it (we won't start counting this until AG3), or how old the game is on the system, that sort of thing.

Sorting them by category might work, except that AG3 might allow multiple categories per game, so I'm not sure how that would work.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

yes, definitely. I have a couple favorite games and i always have to click more favorites to get to the game i want.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sorting them by category might work, except that AG3 might allow multiple categories per game, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Let's say Feudalism can be considered both Strategy and Action. It kinda is with the gameplay it has. With this new feature, Feudalism will be listed under both categories. So a user could essentially look at the Strategy and Action sections and find Feudalism in both of them. Problem is, with multiple categories and thousands of games, the admins have to decide where it belongs. Who gets to do that?
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Look where it was placed by the developer??

Then put it under that??

wideloadbo10
wideloadbo10
146 posts
Nomad

couldn't it be so that people can choose wich games are the first ones you see by like having numbers next to them and then you can put different games at different numbers

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Being able to organize your favorite games on your profile would be nice. Sometimes when I had favorite games I thought the same thing. If we were able to put them in our own custom order it would be easier to pick the best one out of all of them.

I like this idea with the friends list too. I think that you should be able to rearrange your friends list. When I added people some were on top and in the top of my friends list and I didn't want that.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

with multiple categories and thousands of games, the admins have to decide where it belongs. Who gets to do that?

We categorize games on AG2 with a single category, typically, but AG3 will allow us to set any/all of the categories, plus our new tag system.

Storing them in a custom order might be a possibility too, maybe let you have your own top 10 games or something...
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

if the genre idea is too time consuming for the admins/mods then you could have the users make their own way of classifying the games

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

This is good idea, for now on, if you have lot of favourite games (like me ) its kinda boring to scroll in under hole page to find game what you are looking for, I use search-button more often :P
Good way would be to that user could give games order, like 1st game 2nd game etc.

XDownFallX
XDownFallX
75 posts
Nomad

I usualy us the search button too

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

These are good ideas of favorite games we have here, I think it would be a lot easier to find the games you want to play and not only for me, but for all the AG users

XDownFallX
XDownFallX
75 posts
Nomad

It should be put 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! It would be alot easier

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It's a good idea there cormyn! It would be a nice thing to have a better personal filing system of the favorite games for every user. I'm refering to myself here, since I have a LOT of games in my favorite list and sometimes have a hard time finding a certain game again when looking at it... this would be a definite PLUS for the new AG3! *two thumbs up* =D

Showing 1-15 of 32