ForumsNews and Feedbackfavourite games list improvement

32 10389
MasterC2010
MasterC2010
187 posts
Shepherd

my idea is to be able to organize/customize the fav games list. this would be easier to find the games we want to play faster and more efficiently.

this could be done (in my view) 2 ways:
1: have the users create their own system, or
2: have the games separated by genre or author;
or maybe even both ways if possible

• 32 Replies
MrKaraSjoO
MrKaraSjoO
1 posts
Nomad

[/i]
Need to make a good system of games! You to have a chance to correct the error (trouble)!
If you can of course
Could be Multiplayer addition.
I came into the game, I came in multiplayer and play with other players in the health of Armor Games

Mpbriggs
Mpbriggs
18 posts
Nomad

yeah yall need to do it by the alphabet.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

I like the idea, maybe a almost que type of thing like on netflix( I would show a pic, but it is copyrighted and stuff and iz got some of the lazeynesslol) with a list of games with your favorite on top with a "send to top" button next to each one and/or a box with a number in it ,of which place it is in, that you can change to make it go to the place of the number value you put in it (ie. Put in 2 and it is secod from the top, put in 6 and it is sixth from the top,ect.) That is in your edit veiw only of corse. and maybe adding a way to see how many times you've played it or some thing like that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I like the idea cormyn said about sorting them alphabetically. But I just think we could just sort them ourselves. Or even sort them by the author of the games.

Cromatox
Cromatox
24 posts
Nomad

I would like to organize my favourites by myself like making my own list or something.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll probably allow you to sort it in several different ways:

- in the order you added them as favorites
- oldest game to newest game (when they were added to the site)
- alphabetically
- popularity with other users (plays or ratings)
- custom order

The custom ordering is *possible* but I'm pretty sure that won't be a "launch" feature. We'll probably just do alphabetical and popularity to start.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a good idea... we all have to remember that when Ag3 is officaly relesed that it will not be a set in stone site that can't be changed but more of a big lump of clay that does not harden and can be changed at any time to the better so if we want a feture they can take more time to get the feature out so it is made just perfect but if it does not work it can be puld right of and either started again or scraped with out overholling the site *ever* again!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, we're building AG3 in a way that adding/changing features will be MUCH easier than it is with AG2. We have a set list of features in mind for "launch", and other new ideas will be added to a &quotost-launch" list which we'll prioritize once we've launched.

Tsquared
Tsquared
21 posts
Shepherd

You could have the option organize them the same way you can organize games on the rest of the site. By rating, date, plays, etc.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Hmm I think that would be a lot easyer cuz you already have the verables to play of of... but I think it is all TBD realy. When they try it they will see how much time they have to make it.

Rrelja
Rrelja
18 posts
Nomad

I would like to organize my favourite games by myself!

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I think we should be able to write a 30 word comment on the game, and it will appear in quotes underneath it on our favorites list. I also think we should be able to do this with our friends.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Jdogg that has not been mentoined, but that would take up to much room and would slow thing down. And for every game you fav! Plus the mods would have to check it all and look at each one. Plus not a lot of people would use it but to put. "Good game". And that would just make more spam.

But kartosssparta, can I just call you kart? What will be coneing out? Ag3? Some time hopfull this year... but no one realy knows not even larry(head of web dev) , so it will be out when it is finished lol! But you can help at the beta version of the site just search beta.armorgames, and request an invite and next relaese you will get one! But you are testing the site not frolocing the site, if you have not already. But if your talking about the fav game furtuer.... well IDK, it could be next release or the next one or the next one or the next one or ect.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I believe "favorite game" management will be added on the next release later this month.

By the time AG3 launches, we will have the following ways available for users to sort:
- the order you added them to the system (ascending/descending)
- alphabetical (ascending/descending)
- how many times everyone has played it (asc/desc)
- game rating (asc/desc)

Things we'll add after launch:
- sort by how many times YOU have played the game
- custom sort order where you micro-manage how they're sorted

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

It is live! I am really happy about that! =)

Showing 16-30 of 32