tehkiller123

tehkiller123

4 posts

great guide thanks

Posted Jul 13, '11 at 11:55am

enfance

enfance

15 posts

Einfach, I have difficulty setting up the mana pool. I am at level 39. At a certain point, the mana I gain is not enough to sustain the banishment cost. I have focus, armor, replendish, and forge maxed, and mana and splash mastery almost maxed.

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 1:27am

vesperbot

vesperbot

986 posts

this means you need more firepower to eliminate monsters before they reach the banishment cost of more than a big fraction of your mana pool. Concentrate on 2-4 gems, get em at grade 6 or more as a R/Y dual, then supergem em to the topmost extent possible. Also, level 39 is yet very small to get a ton of stuff, however you can already try getting 1M or more exp via endurance at #1 or #12.

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 1:46am

enfance

enfance

15 posts

Thanks for the reply, vesperbot. Now my character is at level 56. I was trying to replicate ulegh's video on youtube. He was playing #12. I got to the 76th wave and I cannot kill the monsters anymore. However, I only got around 12,000 score. >_<

I had level 5 RO all over the path. I was debating whether to supergeming  2 of them, or making more grade 7 gem and supergem them to the max firing rate. Then I decided and made about 15 level 7/8 supergem of RO and LY with firing rate maxed out.

ulegh died in that video at about 35th wave, but he got over a million for score. I dunno how he managed to do that.

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 4:01am

vesperbot

vesperbot

986 posts

you need to get a mana farm running, the trick is that there are three paths in #12. Start with all the leftwards places, fit there oranges in traps just to get all they could from monsters passing by, then put a grade 6 R/O (or a grade 3 R/O at first) into a trap wight in the junction, then supergem several more grade 3s and put them in sequence towards the wizard hut. Then use your anger skills to make monsters survive one full pass through your mana farm, this is the only way you can earn a steady mana flow. Then use your mana to max out firing speed of all your gems.

And, there's something to be used in skills by now. Max out red mastery, put orange mastery at 7, max out trap specials, invest in dual mastery, split the rest into any useful skill you can take, just make enahnced pool at 0, it's detrimental to invest in it in 1.2. And mana pool extensively. By wave 30 you should have at least one grade 3 gem running at topmost speed, and efforts into making more. Then as you will get there, anger out any giant wave you can, using the highest grade gems you can muster (grade 7 or more). Once that wave will be out, start watching the monster count, you are to wreck the released wave before the next giant to come. From that point, do anger any wave with grade 7+ gems, maybe except swarms, but they are the source of mana after all (no less than grade 7! You will get hefty score bonus per anger, that will increase the more you anger, but the monsters' armor should not exceed 400 if you have no armor-stripping traps, and ~1000 if you do. And from now on, your main restraint factor will be firepower.) After you get a ton of monsters constantly seething, you are to start heavy supergemming of either a R/Y, or a prismatic, if you have colors available. Prismatic supergemming is easier, and less costly, but requires skills investment to get extra colors, and also preservation of pure gems to make more prismatics because one of them will do main set of work while one or more of them will be raised in damage. Eventually you will run out of patience pumping that gem upwards, but if you will manage to get a 10000 gem damage while in trap (a killing gem should either be used in a tower far from wizard tower, or in a trap, the latter is preferred by most, as yellow retains triple damage bonus while in trap, and adds firing speed), then you're set for angering several more giant waves, as well as upping mana pool like CRAZY - this is the main factor for scoring big in GC0. When you get to waves like 130, you might as well stop, just kill those monsters that you still can, and dismantle the mana farm to make the endurance end earlier.

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 4:27am

enfance

enfance

15 posts

I will try that tomorrow. I am still not sure whats the most efficient way to supergem, using low grade or high grade gems?

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 5:03am

vesperbot

vesperbot

986 posts

the efficient way of supergem is both, the thing that depends is time and mana. When you have lots of time and small mana, take low grade, when you have lots of mana via multiplier and a big running mana farm, you're low on time, so take big grade.

Posted Jul 15, '11 at 8:48pm

enfance

enfance

15 posts

I am at way 63 with 28 thousands which is my personal best. It's lagging and mana pool fill up every few seconds. I have a full track of speed maxed grade 5 RO supergem, which I build using speedhack. I am not sure if I should upgrade all of them to grade 6. I have 6 grade 6/7 RY with 1000 max damage in tower. Right now I think I am not angering enough, but I fear that I will lack firepower and fail to kill the monster.

You said that I should pump the damage of RO supergems in traps to 10 thousand max damage? thats like 500 thousands damage in tower! I don't have prismatic gems here and I dunno how to make them yet XD. I am not sure what do you mean by the killing gem. I should only have 1 of it? with how much damage?

Reply to Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

You must be logged in to post a reply!