Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

Posted Jul 21, '11 at 7:35pm

fractalman

fractalman

433 posts

in that post, I was talking about the initial r/o traps. once you get prismatics set up, you'll want to worry about hp more than armor.

Posted Jul 24, '11 at 12:36pm

Planetopia

Planetopia

3 posts

its one of my favourites games

Posted Jul 24, '11 at 3:51pm

enfance

enfance

15 posts

now i am at another run (previous one crashed = =) at wave 32 with 31.401.823.770. This is the first time i got such high score so early, because i followed your instruction to supergem an RO right from the start. your minimum armor method also works perfectly at the beginning here. now i am trying different grade of prismatic. i found that g11, g12, g12, g14 prismatic all supergem at the same rate with grade 1 gems: all at 270 per sheet. i am not sure if it will be different if they are supergemd using grade 6 gems.

Posted Jul 25, '11 at 8:58pm

jtjackdog

jtjackdog

33 posts

there's no point in walkthroughs. they only show not help

Posted Jul 26, '11 at 11:27am

enfance

enfance

15 posts

finished the run with 800million X3 score at wave 89, which give me enough experience to go from level 136 to level 5450 = =. i will stop doing that for a while and beat the game first XD.

Posted Jul 28, '11 at 8:58am

jorpel

jorpel

3 posts

make your gems craft level 4 not higher or they wont do the mac damage

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 4:11am

fractalman

fractalman

433 posts

@ enface: er, are you using speedhack? 'cause I can't see how you'd possibly be supergemming sufficiently with grade 1's alone. 

@ jorpel...
well, erm, that's good advice...IF you don't have a mana farm.  Once you have a mana farm, the only way to make grade 4's fast enough is if you speedhack.....
...cause when i'm playing, I can fill the entire field with grade 14 gems, while hardly breaking a sweat.  (I might break my computer from the inside out, though ;-S)

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 9:14pm

enfance

enfance

15 posts

@fractalman: yes, and mouse recorder pro, coz I start to hurt my fingers. I realized that I wasn't angering enough before wave 80. I really dunno to what extend should I anger. To me, 10,000 times the max attack of prismatic in trap is a lot, and when there are 1000+ monsters on screen, I start to fear that I will lose.

I have another question though, should I anger with lower grade (g8, g9, etc.) or with higher grade (g12+) when angering consecutively? since the score goes up every time when you anger with g7+ gem. will angering with two g7 gem give more score than one g8?

Posted Jul 30, '11 at 2:41am

fractalman

fractalman

433 posts

some people anger with grade 18's o.O
...that's not me, but yeah, you can do that if you're chasing the 10 trill scores etc.

...I don't use mouse recorder, but I tend to alternate angering with grade 6-9 (my junk gems, for angering swarms), grade 11-13 (armored waves especially), and angering with grade 14's and 15's, with the occasional 16 (giants only).

two grade 7's will get you more score than a grade 8, but you will have more hp to deal with, and a slightly higher armor. 
however, if you were angering with, say, 10 grade 7's, you would (i think) get slightly more score angering with one grade 8, followed by 8 grade 7's...but the monsters would definitely have a lower total hp. 2 grade 8's and 6 grade 7's would start getting less (I think.  It's been so long since i've seen the actual formula...)

In general, just toss junk gems (grade 6-9)at swarms, grades 10-12 at normal, grade 11-13 at armored, and grade 14+ at giants-provided you've gotten started.

as for what hp to target...I think you've just about got it right, though go for much less with swarms/runners, and way more with giants, and somewhat more with armored.  alternatively, use a single super-slowing trap (or a bunch of r/o/b traps), to get lots of over-angered monsters, and then don't anger much for a while as you kill the toughies.

Posted Aug 7, '11 at 12:17am

enfance

enfance

15 posts

just finished the game today. i was freaking out when i see a dark ghosty figure flying toward me. i was trying to do sth similar as shown in the screenshot on the first page. however, i failed to get 4 maxed RO supergem at wave 6. so the exponential growth is delayed by 1 wave compared to the screenshots. maybe i was doing it wrong. i was trying to max 4 g5 RO gem. it seems that Einfach was using g4.

Reply to Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

You must be logged in to post a reply!