maptrej

maptrej

4 posts

Oops. Should read 123,648,223,510.

Posted Sep 25, '13 at 1:03am

Einfach

Einfach

1,505 posts

Maptrej, take screenshots and post them!

Posted Oct 22, '13 at 1:03pm

maptrej

maptrej

4 posts

Einfach: Last night I lost my game due to a malevolent crash (google chrome flash player) when I had just shy of 2 trillion points at wave 142 of the 228 wave challenge. I was going to take a screen shot within another 8 waves or so as I believed I would have hit ten trillion point around wave 150. I am convinced that the crash was caused by my impatience. Up until that point I had been using a HotKey to supergem in the amount of approximately 50,000 (maximum damage in tower) per click. However, because I had reached 10 million maximum mana I edited the HotKey at wave 142 so as to supergem in the amount of approximately 100,000 (maximum damage in tower) per click. Very bad decision. The crash occurred the first time I pressed the now twice as powerful Hotkey when it had almost finished the entire command. I was quite frustrated and cursed the gem of eternity for over an hour while drowning my sorrows in brew. Nonetheless, I have some insight as to how to get a really high score. First, only anger the twin boss waves upon and after reaching wave 42. I mean heavily anger with grade 13's or higher 25 to 30 times. Anger wave 92 (I think that was the twin boss wave) with higher grades (15 or higher) at least 26 times. Maybe more. Then just supergem like crazy. By wave 100 you should have maximum tower FP of fifty million or more (I did not reach 50 million firepower until wave 119 because I had problems focusing on gaining firepower earlier due to having unnecessarily angered non-giant monster waves too much, and thus did not anger wave 92 quite as much I suggest above: each giant monster killed from wave 92 was, however, giving me more than 7 billion points each at that time). Anger future twin bosses less, however. Then kill all those creeps except the wave 92 ones. When you have nothing else on the screen but approximately 100 monsters from wave 92 left place maxed red-cyan gems in all traps. Fill all spaces for towers with towers and place therein maxed pure orange gems that are weaker than the armor level of those remaining wave 92 monsters. They will give you a steady supply of mana from the indefinitely stunned monsters. Mana pool like crazy. Spend a week, a month, or a year mana pooling. This will give you incredible points even if you just mana pool for a day.

Posted Jan 26, '14 at 2:10pm

Einfach

Einfach

1,505 posts

maptrej--sorry I haven't gotten around to responding until now. You're probably sick of the game at this point, but a good way to prevent crashes is to play the game standalone (not in a browser). You can get the swf file from gameinabottle.

As to your mana strategy, it sounds very solid and original. One change I would make is to use ROC so you get mana faster. I forget what the limit is for indefinitely freezing monsters: the theoretical limit is about 500, but in practice, it's only around 200-300, and it might be less with giant waves (because more gems have access to them). Also, I don't think freezing stacks like slowing does, so the stun won't quite be indefinite.

I would love to see any screenshots you still have. Try uploading them to imgur.

Posted Sep 27, '14 at 11:01am

bunnyx2014

bunnyx2014

12 posts

I am stuck on levels 18 and 19 I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried rearranging skill points. I am level 23. Help.

Posted Nov 8, '14 at 5:57pm

wavedimp089

wavedimp089

1 post

I have a *******ing hacked game here. Level 8682 and I had just made the first level.

Reply to Gemcraft Chapter 0 - an In-Depth Walkthrough

You must be logged in to post a reply!