Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Jun 14, '11 at 7:19am

40P2P

40P2P

167 posts

shateras that is so untrue. too stop a gladiator army with that support u only need 2 missiles with hovs or 1 bq with hovs. Its also takes way to long to get enough glads to beat most people.

Posted Jun 15, '11 at 8:40am

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

I have to agree with 40P2P, glads take an eternity to mass and can be beat by a fast hover build quite easily, even if you have to dual build a forge as well for AA and maybe make a BQ for spiders.

Posted Jun 18, '11 at 11:38am

pokaroo2

pokaroo2

7 posts

on the first lvl make 4 treasures

Posted Jun 18, '11 at 11:50pm

40P2P

40P2P

167 posts

just wondering but now these days the only true viable 1v1 builds is tdh's and miami's builds. With those two builds out there most others are obsolete.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 12:45am

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

I will admit glads are a underpowered unit, but it does have use. When low on energy or when still attempting to upgrade 1 or 2 glad(s) can kill most tier 2 and lower units. In a 1vs1 between a sakata and glad the glad wins. They are also helpful against influence units such as prides and spec forces. For example, if you go for a fast teching forge, 1 glad as a pin mixed with roman rush will be lethal. However the usefulness of glads are linear. They steadly get better. The moment a bq hits the field sakata spiders are pretty much dead. Glads acts like a "savings account", it provides a backup just in-case the worst happens. However units such as sakata spiders have exponential growth, or their power stacks and gets significantly higher. they will be much more useful in long runs. Another concept that rolls into play is their building speed. If you are not fascist, 1 glad will take forever!! If your plan is to create a missle fodder then prides, hovers, marines, romans, and anti air is most likely a more economical choice(backed with medics<except romans and marines&gt;).

As for 1on1 builds. Probably the best builds out there are tdh's variations, miami's fascist builds, and monarchy toolbox. tdh build is only useful if you know the variations. It dominates a lot of builds... if you know what to do. Miami's builds are excellent, but are only lethal if you micro well. As for the majority of colony, people dont micro well... Making this difficult for most. Monarchy toolbox is more of a reactory battle. The user require excellent knowledge of pinbreaks, pins, unit vs unit, and confidence in playing ability. They must be versatile and resourceful. As a "reactory" government you are the last to make your move and overthrow your opponent, thus making pinbreaks and unit vs unit key. As any successful build you need a pin, but pins are composed of differentiating units compared to other govs. Confidence is much needed. As monarchy you gain fewer resources at the cost of influence. This means you would have fewer, but better units. If you look at the other side of tdh or mba builds you notice just how badly you get swarmed. Tdh build shows a endless marathon of tanks rejuvenated by medics while overhead, a saint picks off your opponents units. While your units dominate the field you keep a few missles in your pocket. Like zeus and his mighty thunderbolt. Mba builds shows clumps of romans picking off marines while scouts dominates everything. Mixed in with romans is a pride firing its yellow lazer undying. Medics not only restore the prides, they also back up the romans and provide bullet fodder during base raids. As a monarch you are given a few elite units such as prides, mod phantoms, and spec forces backed by your choice of forge or post units. You need to be able to endure long battles and be able to defend your ground, slowly or suddenly overwhelming your opponent by teching up or a mass spawn of units. Typical battles as monarchy would be combining romans and scouts of forge with elite outpost units from spec forces to instantly dominate the field. Or slowly binding your opponent with anti air and far snipers with romans backing you up. Or even a sudden break with black queens and a sphinx with a couple of hovers followed by a trail of chronites.TDH build covers capitalism, Miami's builds covers fascism, Monarchy toolbox covers monarchism. As for communism......

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 7:03am

Endscape

Endscape

1,244 posts

Cap-Tdh
Fas-Mba
Com-Waldo, krunchy puffs
Mon-.....pac?

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 11:40am

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

just wondering but now these days the only true viable 1v1 builds is tdh's and miami's builds. With those two builds out there most others are obsolete.

Nah, there are still a lot of builds that can work, it just takes a bit of luck and a of of skill to execute them, there has to be about 4-5 builds I know of that can stand up to tdh's build but, as tdh is very good at using the build, it would be really hard to beat him using any of those builds. Lol.
In a 1vs1 between a sakata and glad the glad wins.

Not when you take in consideration the fact that it takes forever to make a glad in comparison to a spider, spiders cost stupid amounts less to create, so there will be like 4-5 spiders to every glad, spiders would win in the end, I think.

Cap-Tdh
Fas-Mba
Com-Waldo, krunchy puffs
Mon-.....pac?

Are those the best players for each government? If so; Waldo has not really played for god knows how long, I don't think he will be best at any government really. Also; peoples skills with governments differ per game type, you can't really say someone is the best at any one government if that government is useless in one or two different game types, it would be easier to give an overall best player, which is a really difficult thing to do anyway.:L

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 6:34pm

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

Not when you take in consideration the fact that it takes forever to make a glad in comparison to a spider, spiders cost stupid amounts less to create

this may be true as a capitalist, monarch, or communist but why would you even specialize in a tier 3 forge as those governments? In production speed glads do take about 5 seconds as fascist while it takes about 3 seconds for sakatas. though this is 3 glads vs 5 sakatas. I highly go against using over 1 or 2 glads. true it costs 2 more energy and money is a issue, but that also varies on the build. Usually when i just finish a build my resources are quite rounded. i dont have mass amounts of energy to spam sakatas but i do have enough to a few seconds to create 1 gladiator. With the proper micro and maybe even a few romans its very easy to control the center of the field for influence.

[quote]so there will be like 4-5 spiders to every glad, spiders would win in the end, I think.

Glads and spiders are tied at 1vs2, however spiders do win at 2vs4. But of course builds matter. Pure glads do suck late game but mid-late 1 or 2 glads during guerrilla matches they shine. However this is just rating their offensive against 1 type of unit. In battle you will face multiple units such as scouts missiles and black queens.

Gladiators compared to sakatas are much more flexible in general combat. It acts as a jack of all trades, master of none. It wouldn't out battle sakatas in ground, It wont out hunt anti air in air. Its not even the best missile fodder like hovers, saints, and bqs. however it takes traits from each of these adding flexibility to your battalion.

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 6:38pm

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

oops.... note to self.... never edit a post while its sending....

Not when you take in consideration the fact that it takes forever to make a glad in comparison to a spider, spiders cost stupid amounts less to create

this may be true as a capitalist, monarch, or communist but why would you even specialize in a tier 3 forge as those governments? In production speed glads do take about 5 seconds as fascist while it takes about 3 seconds for sakatas. though this is 3 glads vs 5 sakatas. I highly go against using over 1 or 2 glads. true it costs 2 more energy and money is a issue, but that also varies on the build. Usually when i just finish a build my resources are quite rounded. i dont have mass amounts of energy to spam sakatas but i do have enough to a few seconds to create 1 gladiator. With the proper micro and maybe even a few romans its very easy to control the center of the field for influence.

so there will be like 4-5 spiders to every glad, spiders would win in the end, I think.

Glads and spiders are tied at 1vs2, however spiders do win at 2vs4. But of course builds matter. Pure glads do suck late game but mid-late 1 or 2 glads during guerrilla matches they shine. However this is just rating their offensive against 1 type of unit. In battle you will face multiple units such as scouts missiles and black queens.

Gladiators compared to sakatas are much more flexible in general combat. It acts as a jack of all trades, master of none. It wouldn't out battle sakatas in ground, It wont out hunt anti air in air. Its not even the best missile fodder like hovers, saints, and bqs. however it takes traits from each of these adding flexibility to your battalion.

hopefully this turns out right.... O.o

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 6:52pm

kingofwar1234

kingofwar1234

611 posts

if u use about 15-20 glads and take em up against like 5 prides, the glads will pwn. and they dont pwn against hovers but do againts black queens! add me and chat on my wall pls!

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!