Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 10:03pm

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

this may be true as a capitalist, monarch, or communist but why would you even specialize in a tier 3 forge as those governments? In production speed glads do take about 5 seconds as fascist while it takes about 3 seconds for sakatas. though this is 3 glads vs 5 sakatas. I highly go against using over 1 or 2 glads. true it costs 2 more energy and money is a issue, but that also varies on the build. Usually when i just finish a build my resources are quite rounded. i dont have mass amounts of energy to spam sakatas but i do have enough to a few seconds to create 1 gladiator. With the proper micro and maybe even a few romans its very easy to control the center of the field for influence.

You do make a very good point that it is useless to make tier 3 forge as cap mon or commie, I only use cap for tier 2 forge when needing AA in 1v1 or doing 2v2 forging but for going tier 3 I will always use fascist. The main problem with glads is the resource situation, when you say that it will end up as 3v5 in the way of glads vs spiders, the fact that you will be creating much more energy with say 2 solar panels, or even 3 if you have the time for creating spiders than the money, manpower, and energy that will require a treasury, solar panel, and armory for glads, it would result in much more spiders vs glads.
However this is just rating their offensive against 1 type of unit. In battle you will face multiple units such as scouts missiles and black queens.

Quite right, I mean, making just spiders in a game would result in mass death by BQ or even scouts. Lol. forge isn't too good for late game really, it is greater for semi rushes and hindering your opponents ability to tech.
if u use about 15-20 glads and take em up against like 5 prides, the glads will pwn. and they dont pwn against hovers but do againts black queens!

If you got enough glads, they can tear through hovers quite rapid, just it is near impossible to get enough glads to do so against a good hover build.

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 1:34pm

kingofwar1234

kingofwar1234

611 posts

Well evn if u hav a few Glads vs a few prides the glads will pwn!!!!!

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 3:08am

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

The main problem with glads is the resource situation

very true that there is a resource situation, but the situation i meant when using gladiators is when you first get tier 3. the most probable build I'm guessing would be somewhere along bank, armory, generator, forge with different levels of upgrades depending on whether your upgrading, covering, pressuring, etc.. Once you first get tier 3 you wouldn't have much of anything. instead of demolishing your armory for a generator eventually upgraded to a solar you could simply spare the 30 money for 1 glad. In a mirror match you would probably only have enough energy to spawn 1 sakata.

then again this may vary... The way i play is that i fight at the beginning of battles and slowly upgrade my way up. If you stockpile resources then you would probably have much more energy and actually be able spam sakatas. In that case that would probably work.

Well evn if u hav a few Glads vs a few prides the glads will pwn!!!!!

well... if you wanna go into unit vs unit... 1 glad can take on 2 prides(no micro) and it will end with a tie. if you move up into 2vs4 or 4 vs 8 it starts to end in the glads favor due to divisive fire.

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 5:32am

zizo90

zizo90

253 posts

okay so helpfull to me
thx girl :)

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 8:13am

Endscape

Endscape

1,244 posts

Are those the best players for each government? If so; Waldo has not really played for god knows how long, I don't think he will be best at any government really. Also; peoples skills with governments differ per game type, you can't really say someone is the best at any one government if that government is useless in one or two different game types, it would be easier to give an overall best player, which is a really difficult thing to do anyway.:L
almost on que i gave an opinion on who i thought were the most prominent people in each gov, if u ask others they may" answer just as quick of course with some debate, and some un-answered folk..... best player overall.... that debate started from the begining of colony and is STILL NOT DECIDED.... saying that is easier is..... quite the claim peggy.... the only gov i can think of that "might be useless in ANY game set would be.... nope none, all have some sort of use in all game sets, was gonna say commy in df but... it has some use...... ummm to that king of war guy, evidently over-whelming odds does have an obvious advantage enough prides can beat a certain amount of glads vice versa... i dont mean to be "the one" but to keep things short GLADS ARE JUST A VERY INEFFICIENT UNIT, krin messed that one up, agreed? i love um but using them AND being a mon at the same time is..... suicide, unless there existed a mode without hovs..... the glad is right now.... almost useless, ALMOST... can ANYONE get a hold of krin?

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 2:22pm

40P2P

40P2P

167 posts

okay so helpfull to me

One word........random?

ummm to that king of war guy, evidently over-whelming odds does have an obvious advantage enough prides can beat a certain amount of glads vice versa... i dont mean to be "the one" but to keep things short GLADS ARE JUST A VERY INEFFICIENT UNIT, krin messed that one up, agreed? i love um but using them AND being a mon at the same time is..... suicide, unless there existed a mode without hovs..... the glad is right now.... almost useless

Um lol i have just been on colony recently and alot of the quality of players have reduced to the fact that they dont even know who the pros are. Like im fighting some random guys who think they are pro and crush em explaining im justa noob myself. So um back to strategy.....

GUIDE TO WINNING DOGFIGHT
1. Be Fac
2. Make forge
3. Spam Scouts
4. Pin and when u can make a gen
Main tip is hold pin and dont die XD. Dont worry if your opponents say unfair its just cuz they are noobs overall.

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 6:07pm

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

GLADS ARE JUST A VERY INEFFICIENT UNIT

agreed :P

okay so helpfull to me

lol probably isn't too random... Maybe replying to the very start of this topic

Communist foxer. Mode: Normal. 1vs1

1. Bank
2. Post- spawn 1 tank and 1 marine
spam 7-10 more marines if facing a forge
spawn 1 more tank if facing an outpost
spawn 1 tank with 5-7 marines if facing a dual build
spawn 3 more tanks and create 2 layers of 2 tanks with a marine up front for splash counter when facing bank ops
T= tank M= marine OB= opponents base
T T
Com fox vs Bank Ops M OB
T T

3.fight for the middle and pin if possible
4. create a spec ops and spawn spec forces (take this route only if you have close to 35 influence or more(if not create a hospital, war sanc, saint, then ops)
5. Create an armory if you have extra mp.( if not create a hospital, war sanctum, saint)
6. continue battling, slowly tech up your outpost to tier 3

Not exactly the best 1on1 build. It has noticeable flaws but can counter most builds with the right variation. Variations listed are basic capitalist, fascist, and monarchy counters. High end builds such as tdh build, dual fascist, and monarchy toolbox will pose issues. It is possible to beat those builds, but the odds are not in your favor.

Major units in use are tanks and spec forces

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 8:09pm

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

almost on que i gave an opinion on who i thought were the most prominent people in each gov, if u ask others they may" answer just as quick of course with some debate, and some un-answered folk..... best player overall.... that debate started from the begining of colony and is STILL NOT DECIDED.... saying that is easier is..... quite the claim peggy.

Well, I just don't think that there is one best person for each government, there is always counters to each build with each gov with the same gov and a different build, the only way you can say anyone is best at anything (In my opinion, of course) is by judging who is the best all around like being able to use all governments and being able to create decent counters fast and effectively. I just think that that is the only way to say anyone is the best at anything in this game. Also, I think commie is pretty useless in Dogfight considering the fascist forge rush/pin is pretty much unbreakable if there are 5-6 scouts on the field at start.
Generally, some governments are more effective than others in different settings.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 8:15am

rawwr123

rawwr123

307 posts

I cant find wut the advantages of building a monarchy r in this guide, could somoene tell me?

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 5:50pm

Endscape

Endscape

1,244 posts

..... to answer myself

WAT DOES IT MEANNNNN!!!
it meanssssss we: hut hut BREAK IT DOWNNNNN
we go peace by peace, bit by bit, GOV by gov, till we reach an End(scape)

agreed?

hmmmmm, i should be a lawyer.... nahhhhh, to much school.

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!