it helped alot

Posted Jan 25, '12 at 7:32pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Heres my 2 cents on a BQ/ Hover tech.

First: Bank
Armoury(start producing manpower.
This is where the variation starts. Usually nobody attacks until they have tier 3 units but in case of a roman rush, disregard building a armoury first and immediately spawn tanks to counter. I like to upgrade to barracks early (because of only $30) and then produce snipes to counter chronite.
Anyway, then build a generator and upgrade to barracks. Its nice to have a treasury becuase I usually find myself out of money for this build. The upgrade to tier 3. Immediately start producing BQs

Posted Jan 27, '12 at 7:56pm

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

thats actually a very classical build

post 3rd is recommended simply because like you said field presense and because of manpower. However treasury is kinda pointless considering that you have your tier 3 and your armory. In the past its been very sound to demolish your bank for Forge or hospital. I personally like going forge because i have the micro to manage it and the generator can supply enough for a scout spam.

This build is really good if your still learning colony. However, i recommend developing your micro by swapping to tier 2 builds or influence builds.

Posted Jan 30, '12 at 7:01pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Capi, partner should be forge to counter air.

Found a better build for BQ.
First:
Bank
hospital(build a medic to get influ then produce manpower
Armory (produce energy
Upgrade to barracks(build whatever needs to be built)
Upgrade to Arsenal
Build a BQ and then build hovers to counter aa. Position meds behind hover so they dont get killed by splash.
Upgrade the hospital and bank.

This is one of my easiest strat to win and very simple. Just make sure your partner builds aa and then infi romans to tank the damage from hovers. I once got 9 consecc with this strategy. You must have a good partner.

Posted Feb 4, '12 at 9:23am

tohnicholas

tohnicholas

131 posts

You must have a good partner.

A must? Actually I find in favor of upgrading my post first then building the hospital . Then, I spam a few snipers (send it to other side if the enemy didn't say anything about no blockading). Then I upgrade the barrack first to arsenal, then hospital. At this point I usually deploy BQ's and when they're done and all the money exhausted, I send out hover tanks and few medics (The scramble medics only). I upgrade my hospital then and finally the bank. I usually juggle between energy and manpower for the armory as according to circumstances. The part where I send snipers is taking the initiative (sorta control the enemy in a sense)and giving the enemy something to worry about.

Posted Feb 7, '12 at 11:11am

KroPower

KroPower

6 posts

thank you  dude :)

Posted Feb 7, '12 at 8:09pm

kevin8ye

kevin8ye

514 posts

EVERYONE write/spam Krins profile for colony 2

Posted Feb 10, '12 at 8:53am

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

Hmm...

It seems throughout the times ive been playing nubs keep on doing the same things over and over again. Colony's victories isnt defined on who uses the best build. But rather who uses a build to its fullest potential. Basically you must use the proper tactics, followed by the proper build. As history shows, a noob using tdh build will never beat a pro using a missile build

By using a build to its full potential i mean using proper units at the right time and using the correct amount. I also mean controlling those units properly to deal with the situation. To those who have good gaming vocab you know im talking about micro(micromanagement). aka unit control. By Learning unit control, you can take nearly any build and make it lethal. For example marines vs scouts stockpile is one of the most common micro battles. Technically if you spam both units then you know the scouts are going to win. However if you attack with the marines then immediately fall back, you deal damage without taking any yourself. This immediately increases the value of each one of your marines. In turn the scout user can sacrifice one scout to take all the marine fire and charge the rest at the reloading marines for serious damage. This micro battle can keep on changing and changing. Action and reaction. Each trying to put their units to the fullest. Think of other ways you can use micro. how would a far sniper work against tanks and medics? How would Mod sakatas with a roman shield work against a missile? how would Prides work against slow moving tanks?

Of the many tactics pros use. Micro is definately the most common and the most prominant. Other tactics often derive from this tactic. However, before using more complex, more sophisticated techniques, micro must be mastered first.

Though i will admit there are build imbalances as you get to higher levels of gameplay, however this is aimed towards a casual, inexperienced player who wants to get better.

Posted Feb 10, '12 at 9:27am

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

Well it also matters you familiarize yourself with all the units weaknesses and what it's strongest against and take advantage of splash damage phantoms in large numbers devastate the ground same with chronites wait for the faster units to attack then attack those units you kill a good amount of the stronger or more lethal enemies crawling behind it.

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!