Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Jan 9, '11 at 12:26pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I might have lost all my data last night. MY harddrive seems to be messed up. I will do what I can to save what I have. This is like the summer when I made a Colony guide, but last time I got a virus.

Posted Jan 9, '11 at 12:37pm

StrategicCaptain

StrategicCaptain

404 posts

Great Walkthrough. This Helped Me A Lot. Thank You For Putting The Time, Effort And Work Into This!

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 3:12pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,327 posts

Knight

Keep posting me the updated strategy styles and links! This re-made topic needs to be a good jumping off place.

Posted Jan 10, '11 at 4:29pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

Asherlee, I made post in the GCD about the current state of the Colony v6.1 Guide. I can't do anything computer oriented at the moment due to a Hard Drive failure. Even though my main computer is down, I am making a hard copy (paper version) of the guide, so I have everyhing ready when I get my computer fixed. I am sorry about this unexpected delay. I am currently using my iPod.

Posted Jan 11, '11 at 3:32pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I am really bored so I will post my signiture strategies.

2v2

Dreadstoner

Discoverer : SoymasterYos

Origins : This was a strategy that I formed for the 2v2 tourney that never happened.

Style : Transitional-Rush (rush that has a fall back)

Openning Plan :

One Player (timer)

Bank
Hospital
Outpost

Player Two (deceiver)

Bank
Forge

Idea : Most people who play Colony will look at this plan and say this will never work without even thinking about the various tactics that this strategy can use. Now, to the real idea of this plan. I can only explian the openning details because noone has ever beaten it. The each player on the team is assigned a role. The timer, needs to be precise becuase when the outpost is made, your attack starts in combination withyour partner. Also the timer needs to constently make Meditecs to improve the coming advance. The deceiver needs to choose whether to make 3 Scouts (to force the other team to make Marines or Scouts) or just build up energy for a delayed Roman-Rush.

I will post another 2v2 strategy or a 1v1 strategy later tonight (EST). I took me about 45 minutes to finish this messege becuase I am using my iPod.

Please leave your comments about your thoughts on this strategy below. Also, please give me feedback (how well did I format this post) on my profile.

Posted Jan 13, '11 at 8:23pm

23 posts

[/quote]One Player (timer)
Bank
Hospital
Outpost
Player Two (deceiver)
Bank
Forge

i dont get hat tans and 3 scouts/romans how r u supposeto finish it obviously the romans would attck.frist/the scouts but if they made spec ops the monarchy would make a spec force to kill the scouts but since spec forces r weak against tanks then they could make tanks then it would last forever right? in this case its not likely

Posted Jan 13, '11 at 9:56pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

Number onr 20..., you fon't know how this build plays out. When I was teating it, I never made tanks. Tanks are too slow for this style. When the Outpost comes up, you make Marines, while your team mate makes A25-Romans. The marine act as a meat shield. Also, this oppening isn't a allin. It has transitions.

I only can theorize the tramsitions currently, so I can't post them.

Also, I am getting a new computer tomorrow because the shop said my motherboard kicked the bucket.

Posted Jan 15, '11 at 7:09pm

magic8

magic8

20 posts

but
that menen rush is slow a little bc marine slower than romAns

Posted Jan 28, '11 at 3:23am

Omnishade

Omnishade

1 post

gr8 help

Posted Jan 28, '11 at 8:43am

tohnicholas

tohnicholas

132 posts

Remember:ALWAYS MICRO WHEN YER ATTACKING.yer unit's range is decreased when moving.

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!