Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Feb 10, '12 at 8:46pm

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

103 posts

Agreed. But also notice some units are extremely powerful in some cases while they arent in other circumstances. For example, usually a tank is weak against snipers, however if your pinned and spawn a tank, you deal a significant amount of damage. Another scenerio is spawning a far sniper just to kill a defenseless pride on the other side of the field

Posted Feb 12, '12 at 12:59pm

s9b1

s9b1

259 posts

wow, those guy in front was like master of colony. Well, thanks a lot for info. about colony. I would be better in colony.

Posted Feb 12, '12 at 7:28pm

bigmac258

bigmac258

99 posts

#1 avoid hackers online

Posted Feb 12, '12 at 9:12pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Pinning early is pretty good. heres a simple but effective strategy.
bank
Pin

partner:
bank
forge
scouts
pin

Posted Feb 16, '12 at 10:21am

masterofnoobs

masterofnoobs

3 posts

LOL! too many dudes

Posted Feb 17, '12 at 6:08pm

demon_killer

demon_killer

4 posts

Woah, Nice.

Posted Feb 17, '12 at 9:53pm

s9b1

s9b1

259 posts

Have read many strategy in colony, but this is still help a lot in colony's strategy. Thanks man, your post this time help a lot.

Posted Feb 19, '12 at 4:38pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

A fast tech to bq is pretty good but is pretty open to a rush or a pin. Usuallyy I post tank scout pin when I see there fast teching. So here's a strategy thAt gets u to bq fast and still defend. Also this strategy requires micro so I wouldnt use this if you are a still new

Bank
Snipes bout 5
Do not attack the main building because th enemy will usually respond with tanks or scouts. Stand a little back and attack the tanks. If the tanks come to firing range micro your snipes and fire again. This strategy works against post and sPec ops. If they start to make scouts/phantom have your partner make anti air sakatas and line them up.This strategy is good because thy have to use resources to make units while your snipes fire. Use the influence from field control to make meds.  Build a hosp and armory and upgrade and build bq. This should totally equally 2 minutes of time to set up
Congratulations if u manage to do this. If you have and questions about this please find me at colony and I maye able to teach you more advanced strategy and more about this. Post below if you have any questions about this strategy

Posted Mar 7, '12 at 5:59pm

s9b1

s9b1

259 posts

List of weaknesses for my opinion:

Marine weak against: almost every units.
       ok against  : sphinx, scouts, and roman. But it take time for marine to reload rocket. Also when Roman come in number. Marine lost.

Chronite tanks weak against: all air units, hover tanks. 
             strong against: marine

Sniper weak against: phantoms, scouts if come in number, BQ, hover tanks, chronite tank if get close enough to shoot sniper.
     strong against: sakatas aa only not land sakatas, chronict tanks if far range, marine.

Groditz weak against: BQ, hover tanks, and sniper if come in numbers.
      strong against: phantoms, sphinx.

Hover tanks weak against: Saints, phantom.
                 strong against: all grounds units,especially aa sakatas, except if sphinx if fews hover tanks, and roman if a lot of roman and fews hover.

BLack Queen weak against: Of course weak against aa, sphinx. Other air unit can come in number to destroy BQ.
                 strong against: All ground units, except sphinx, and hover. Not a lot tho.

Roman weak against: BQ, Pride, gladiator, land sakatas.
           strong against: the enemy base, and it have high health that it.

Scouts weak against: Of course aa, BQ if they come out in number, saint if come out in number too. Also gladiators. Sometime marine. And one more is sphinx.
            strong against: All ground unit that can't fire air units. Except hover tanks.

Phantoms weak against: A bit of aa, cause phantoms can kill aa easy too except if there a lot of them at once then no. Weak against, BQ, saints, sphinx.
              strong against: Not a lot just a bit effective on hover tanks. Then good effective against sniper, marine, and some chronite tanks.

Anti air sakatas weak against: Hover tanks, and sniper.
                      strong against: All air units, except phantoms if 1 aa at the time. Also it strong against missles. So let it guard your unit from missles or BQ.

Land Sakatas weak against: BQ, 1 strike they all gone( most of the time even special land sakatas.)
                  strong against: Hover if they come like 10 of them out. Strong against all land units. Including sphinx.

Gladiators weak against: Hover tanks, land sakatas.
                strong against: Most air units.

NOw is to special units:

Special force weak against: BQ, and hover tanks.
                   strong against: rush the base and kills any unit fast except BQ.

Far snipers weak against: phantoms, BQ, saints, chronite tanks if have a chance, hover.
                 strong against: just shoot far range at land units.

Pride weak against: Hover tanks.
           strong against: Air units, chronite tanks, roman, sniper, all unit have less health.

Now to hopital units:

Saints weak against: AA if come out a lot.
            strong against: All ground units, except gladiator take times.

Sphinx weak against: All less health unit like marine, roman, land sakatas, special force,...
            strong against: BQ, saints, scouts, phantoms, hover if come close enought, and all land unit if come close. Not the unit in front tho like marine no. It can kill marince but marine do more damage than it does.

Now talk about special genarator units:

Special sakatas weak against: Hover, BQ, saints, phantoms, and some sniper.
                     strong against all land units if few of them come out. Strong against enemy base.

That is all the units weaknesses and advantage that I can think of. Hope this help if you notice in the game. Good luck in the games ^_^

Posted Mar 8, '12 at 9:11pm

trying

trying

436 posts

A lot of errors in that

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!