Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 11:34am

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

2. I could spam scouts and you couldn't do anything

Ok this is the good part. Tanks are a good way how to keep the opponent ocupied. While the enemy will be busy with the tanks you will be very close to having a war sandcum. Then you get saints and woala. Also you dont have to be an idiot and keep spamming tanks if you see scouts coming up, marines own scouts. You failed with the 2nd one.

1. Only tanks??? Until much late when there's enough influ for a saint?

First of all i did not understand this... thing you just wrote. But as i undertsand while you spam tanks and make a war sandcum you will get at least 120 influence. Cuz the enemy will be busy with your tanks which gives you an opportunity to upgrade stuff. You failed at the 1st one.

3. Too slow, I could have already pinned you

No you couldnt. If you make a bank first then you wont be able to pin me. If you wont make a bank first you will be known as a rusher and i have realised a thing. If rushers cant destroy the base at the beginning then theyre screwed. And with tank spamming you can always beat rushers. By the way you have only 4 units to pin me with: marines, tanks, scouts and romans. And neither ones of these pins can beat a tank or marine rush. You failed at the 3rd one.

4. Opponent can tech

Umm... no comment on that. The only comment i can make about this is: ive used this strategy all the time and guess whats my win ratio: 82%

Enough for 2 tanks to kill all of this. Using micro wont help either.

hosp: make meds/manpower

Meds are only useful to keep the tanks alive a little bit longer. Not needed. As for manpower. Thats what i said in my strategy. Learn to read.

Saints or meds or SPhinx, depends on the opponent.

Sphinx is too expencive, my friend crazydoctor64 destroyed a sphinx and about 50 meds with only 10 hovers. Meds are just keeping the tanks more alive which is not required cuz you will get an infinite amount of tanks. Lol. Saints. Thats what im talking about.

I make bank, ops bank, gen: spam missles

Too slow my tanks and saints would have destroyed you while you would have been making all this stuff.

I appologise if i was a little mean to you, but i just want to say that if your rank doesnt matter to you, you can try my strategy out.

-Jeff

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:27pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

You need to realize that adaptation will always be more useful than just a specific build/unit plan.

Tanks are a good way how to keep the opponent ocupied.

Same for everything.

While the enemy will be busy with the tanks you will be very close to having a war sandcum.

Say I go bank forge. Scouts will beat your early tanks you send out. Once you try to send out marines, I make romans, crush your marines. If you make a tank I either charge romans and then bring in scouts or send a sacrifice scout to take marine shots. Even if you absurdly micro your marines there is always a way for the scouts/romans to win with equal micro. There is always an argument to beat the first in hypothetical situations like this.

War sanctum gives you saints, sphinx, and inf tanks/marines. However, a forger cold go into many paths at well which can counter that if the forger is holding a viable pin.

Sphinx is too expencive, my friend crazydoctor64 destroyed a sphinx and about 50 meds with only 10 hovers. Meds are just keeping the tanks more alive which is not required cuz you will get an infinite amount of tanks. Lol. Saints. Thats what im talking about.

What happens if the opponent has an army of 8-10 scouts.

Too slow my tanks and saints would have destroyed you while you would have been making all this stuff.

No it wouldn't have but you would have an almost unbreakable pin.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 10:55pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Ok lets say Im forge. Forge relies on having an early pin.
Make some romans.
You get some tanks out.(1,2)
I make scouts (you make marines)
Scouts have a longer range than marines, and lets say I pin.
When You are pinned, I suspect you will try to get those saints out as you as possible.
I could make A mod sakata with roman rush or get aa

And um scouts beat Saints.

Lets say im post
Bank
Follow with meds.
War sANCtum, Sphinx

Or i Could tech to tier 2 and get snipers, and groditz

This strategy is overused.

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 7:06am

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

Uhh fine if you dont want to try it out then dont. But it works very well for me. Enough said.

-Jeff

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 2:50pm

skydragon720

skydragon720

274 posts

i know two stratigies: build a hospital first and do manpower, then make outpost and marines. 2nd: make forge, do the energy ability 3 times, make romans, rush. works 9/10 for me.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 2:32pm

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

Would work better if in the first strategy you would first make marines and then the hospital. Just in case bcuz now most of the people are working quickly.

-Jeff

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 3:16pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

Try testing to see if a strategy works in a 1v1 against a decent player instead of in a 2v2 with (maybe) a better teammate and/or terrible opposition.

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 8:25pm

progamers4k

progamers4k

16 posts

And um scouts beat Saints.

8 scouts beat 1 saint when both advance on each other(scouts must be grouped). HOWEVER, a player with decent micro can destroy all of these without taking any damage in the right situation, and even in a decent situation a saint can still destroy these with a decent amount of health left. You argue about counters but do not acknowledge variables such as micro (especially in 2v2s).

Obviously the tdh strategy must have have been used in this thread excessively, but for those of you who just skip to the last page of the forum and try to find something decent, the tdh strategy is in my opinion the best strategy for adapting to your opponent.

This build is basically bank post then the rest of the build varies depending on what your opponent decides to do at this point. For example if they build a post at the speed of a capitalist, (this is not the only way to adapt in this situation) I personally like to upgrade my post to barracks and make snipers and marines(marines serve as human shields in the event of a sniper war) and hospital spec ops or hospital sanctum from there.

Again, micro plays a huge part in the tdh strategy so just by using this and adapting to your opponent correctly does not mean an easy victory for you.

-pg4k

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 8:18am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

If you only play tdh strategy every time the pros you play will despise you, at least I would.

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 9:36am

progamers4k

progamers4k

16 posts

Well there are ways to make it difficult for somebody using a tdh to win, such as capi post first with an early pin.

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!