Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 9:42am

progamers4k

progamers4k

16 posts

I am not telling anybody to use the tdh all the time, I only brought up the tdh strategy for players who need some guidance in the strategy department of the game.

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 9:55am

CaptainCorps

CaptainCorps

20 posts

uhm soccer just to let you know most pro will not get mad at u for using tdh all the time becuase tdh usses it 95% of the time. plus u sayed you can charge romans and all that easier sayed then done u acting like its easy plus try somehting like that against me i doubt it will work but its a good plan but i suggest using it if ur actually a pro other wise its pretty much a useless build

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 7:35pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

I find that this strategy usually works against tdh saint. mon
bank
forge(usually players will have a pin, but if they don't go for it.
gen(upgraded) You should of enough for 1 sak/2, depends on field
Roman auto rally turned off.
I know, it sounds really simple, but it actually works against tdh saint.
If they have a ops, b sure to hang the saks away from the front. Let romans tank and micro.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 1:52pm

PerilousPanther

PerilousPanther

5 posts

good idea

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 2:49pm

progamers4k

progamers4k

16 posts

I suppose that would work against tdh saint although if you were mon my variation against mon includes either bank post hos ops or bank post ops depending on how aggressive you play.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 11:06pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

But ya see, after you do my strategy once, it kinda becomes a lot less effective. It relies on your opponent thinking you are facist and just getting resources. Without that, you lose pretty much.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 12:23pm

khaiduong

khaiduong

18 posts

weell niice story evreryone but i hvent play colony yet

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 4:10pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

How would you know if the strategies are nice if you haven't played the game? o.O

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 2:15am

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Colony is a rts (real time strategy) game that has single player campaign, and also features multiplayer. This game is very easy to pick up, yet requires skill to win. Any person would be able to do the builds: ie, bank, outpost, but the real game decider is your ability to micro manage resources, units, and develop strategy.

Storyline 8/10
You begin with a short tutorial, which offers you some insight to the world of Colony and its controls. On the first mission, you are investigating the lack of communication from Bjorn's settlement. As you steadily progress to the last mission (6), you will play all the different factions that are trying to take control: Facist, Capitalist, and Communist. The Campaign seemed generic and I kept asking myself why are they going to war. I believe it should have better explanations. When the Ai speaks, it says the same lines over. Generic Material. Very short campaign, finished in 10 minutes, and has no replay value at all. 8/10

Graphics/Sound 10/10
These graphics  are masterfully done. The sound matches your mood and alerts you when buildings are finished. Loading screens are informative, and do not last a century. Great work Krin!

Multiplayer 10/10
Here's where the real fun comes in :). Multiplayer features different chat rooms (lobby, afk garden) and different "modes." These modes, such as Earthquake, present the player limited options to building. For example, in cold war the player is not able to produce missles. These added mods add much more excitement! You also have the ability to choose your government, like facist or communist, and that gives you a perk in resources. I think the presence of government really separates Colony from other rts games. The ONLY major problem in Colony is the amount of hackers/glitchers. If it was included in the multiplayer score, I would have given it a 5/10. Hackers/glitchers are very annoying. Because it is not really "part" of the game I have not included it. I only hope Krin can get out an update to fix this part.

Gameplay 10/10
Easy to pick up, hard to master. Usually your strategy coincides with your government. The added monarch government adds some new color to the usual strategy. I think more governments would be good and unit upgraders.
Really, once you have the basic builds down, it just comes down to micro. Adding these things should help spice things up. 10/10

(Suggestions)
Upgraded units (Changes strategy from generic material.)
Upgraded defense structure (In colony, the best defense is offense. There is virtually no advantages to defending. You gain influence from attacking. An upgraded defense structure allows more variety and teching.)
fix glitchers and hackers (Makes game unplayable, will result in more players joining multiplayer)
fix glitches, Unkillable unit, land based units attacking air (Makes me sad)
Stop the rank reset (Rank reset makes users play less due to the lack of info about a persons skill level.)
A new government (Spice things up, change builds, adds strategy.)
Make hotkeys posted on the tutorial so we know which hotkey is which. (Will be easier to pick up. I didn't learn about hotkeys until a year after I started.)
3v3 (Get's more exciting, more players come on.)
Great game 9.5/10  Has replay value in multiplayer. Able to make friends on chat. In my opinion, best game on armorgames.

~toprichieboy :] I like pie.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 9:05am

trying

trying

438 posts

You definitely didnt play the tutorial level. In fact I'd say 95% of players haven't played it.

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!