Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:01am

fission12

fission12

63 posts

Hmm, one or two things about strats. 

Your strat is good if it works and it is more or less useless if it doesn't.  On here, there has been some very nice strats and some I wouldn't normally use unless I had the micro ability to outmicro the opponent at other turn (basically do not use it).  Not to pick on anyone, if your going  to make a strat, there are three questions to ask yourself.

1. What counters this build? 
2. Can the opponent do this build at this particular time?
3. Is it flexible enough to counter opponent's moves?

Lets look at an old build of mine.  The best way to know your build is to think about it and use it.  I played this as a guest (and never really met any pro players).  The government I am using is fascists.  This is the basic mindset.

1. Bank (nothing special there)
2. Tresury (At this point someone could have pinned me and have a massive influence adv.  I cannot really counter.)
3. Hosp (eh resources?)
4. War Sanctum (At this point low money, high mp, and quite a bit of energy.  This isn't such a good ida maybe?  What if opponent does monarchy rush? )
5.  Armory (At this points I have 3 res buildings and NO deployment buildings.  If you play a pro, the battle will have been lost at this point.  Even fascists could have gotten an unstoppable modified sakata.)
6. Tech post to t-3 and get a hover and BQs (haha now we have air and ground def.  Enemy is screwed :))
7. Get 50-100 bqs and kill everything that is "missile-resistant".
8. one-shot the base and pat yourself on the back

It was a nice build if the opp never rushed like a pro.  However, the first time I went against MiamiBigAL with this build...  This was basically the first time I went into pro circles.

1. Bank
2. Tres (mba goes out with some tanks effectively pinning me.  I say to myself, "tanks are easy to kill with hovs/bqs")
3.Hosp-Sanct (Ah, so many tanks :( )
4. Arm
5. Post (send out a couple tanks for def but fascists have low mp)
6. Teched post to t-3 (Get the BQs quickly!)
7. My bqs come out and immediately are killed by saints/missiles/and swarms of other stuff
8 I get killed rather quickly.

Now that we have criticised my old build enough, you might better understand the thinking processed.  How can this be countered and can it be countered at this time.  Remember, by wasting their resources your slowing their build, so there isn't a set time for when a type of unit comes out.  It all depends on the econ and whether your still alive.

Good luck and happy hunting!
-fiss

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:04am

fission12

fission12

63 posts

@ top

Sorry for double posting.  My least time for campaign was about 15 min for 5 missions...Are you sure you took 10 min? 

-fiss

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:37pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

I was exaggerating. I remembered it was pretty short. Sorry for that.

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 1:02pm

itman2

itman2

37 posts

what i do is buy all the factory's then buy a forge if you can't buy an outpost and recruit as many people as you can

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 7:51pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

What's a factory

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:18pm

DesertFang

DesertFang

5 posts

a place were u build products duuuuuuuu

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:19pm

DesertFang

DesertFang

5 posts

haha jk idk he must be new

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 7:22pm

dragondino97

dragondino97

12 posts

LOL they should make colony 2 this game was too short and really 15 minutes? it took me 30 minutes

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:53pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Well, if you get good at the game its around 15 ish. The multiplayer is the real gem

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 7:36am

jpawski

jpawski

1 post

thanks

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!