Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Feb 28, '11 at 3:36pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,629 posts

Another thing,

in cw all you need to do is mass scouts and queens, get a bank then a hospital then upgrade to war sactum (assuming your monarchy) build a few saints then get manpower build armory outpost.....etc until you can build queens then you will be suprised at how much queens you will have i once got accused of hacking when i did this build. it will sometimes work in normal but missles can sometimes counter this build

An air only army can be easily defeated by just a few anti air sakatas, especially if you don't mass them.

Posted Feb 28, '11 at 6:11pm

DaoLei

DaoLei

8 posts

you are a noob dao lei mass roman rushing is stupid ending the game that fast is no fun also if they get tanks which they usually do then your doomed then you will most likely run out of resources

You really didn't spend the time reading my whole strategy guide. you noob.
I clearly said all the details...
- I didn't mention any "fun" factor, only that it has a high win ration.
- If they go tanks, you have scouts to kill the tanks, If they go super early tanks and marines, that WAS one of the counter-builds i mentioned, so why does that make me a noob in that case?
Just asking..
- I explained that this is a counter build to those that go for economic build, like straight treasury, or bank armory. Then they can't build tanks.
Next time, READ the WHOLE guide before posting anything.

P.S it IS DaoLei, not dao lei, if anything its just Dao, just so you know.

Posted Mar 1, '11 at 10:58pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

DaoLei, any Bank Post build will counter a roman rush, due to the imbalances in the game.

Posted Mar 1, '11 at 11:09pm

Dref14

Dref14

376 posts

dao also i would also like to add if they are cap and/or fas, they could easily build a third, war structure before you really had enough to finish off the base. scouts are nice vs tanks, but when the tanks are already in fighting range of the ground troops the scouts wont compensate. Plus once you fail on a rush your left at a disadvantage throughout the match.

Posted Mar 15, '11 at 1:56pm

kuam

kuam

42 posts

Real long i think yo read it all

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 7:27am

DaoLei

DaoLei

8 posts

The first thing i said about my strategy. It is designed against people who do economic builds like Bank > treasury, or Bank/Armory.
I already know a bank/post will beat it, so stop telling me and read my post clearly before you tell what it can and can't do.
HOWEVER, when you say that the rush fails, it means that you forced the opponents to go early defense, that buy your ally time to tier up and get the upper hand for the rest of the game...

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 10:31am

inflict

inflict

385 posts

you are rong the best strategy in norm is missiles/outpost. cw is more complicated. although alot will argue monerchy is best. make bqs and saints make enough so u can kill aa skata in one and if they have hord of scouts build a spinx and meds and they will emideatly stop building all but bqs for air and they get pwnd by sait as log as u atak each bq as soon as its spwaned. very few people pin on cw but it is unbeatably onece u have a good mix of units. my fave mode is safe skies. I have 89% win ratio from ss and the 11% loss is hackeres. i allways play defencive forge. do this:
tell ur alli to to cover you. (but build forge erly if nesasery)
bank
armory-money
tresuary
hospirtal-meds unless they have units
sanctuary-meds-defend allies units
forge-only bild units if nessacery
upgrade forge to tiler 2-still no units
armory-change to building energy
manofactory-build glads and put them infront of meds
sanctuary-every now and then build scram team of meds-when u run out of manpower make some.
when you run out of glads if they have hovers make a few phantoms.
if you arrange your units correctly if they ever get past your alli they will be pwnd by u
whach out for anti air- go to them with gald if they get too near your phantoms.
(glads arnt actualy that bad against air. especaly with meds...

grondzits suck- romans and hovers
skatas suck -norm tanks pwn them- but can be useful in a rush when u first get manofactory
marines suck-all units pwn
if u are going to rush do it with spec oppps and hosp meds

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 1:17am

dkplam

dkplam

30 posts

Can help me on rushing enemies... I always lose because they rush a horde of romans or something.

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 6:16am

inflict

inflict

385 posts

just keep whatching their base if they make a genorator first they will prob rush romans so get outpost and make a few tanks

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 4:24pm

inflict

inflict

385 posts

i would have to dissagree...

Profoxer is a diamond. Only a Diamond can scratch itself. Back in the odd days there were no such gems. Back in the old days, we had a rubies and sapphires, which don't scratch eachother.
yes but right now scienctists belive that they have found a matirial stronger and sharper than dimonds... i belive i have found a way to beat foxer and if they dont go foxer to beat that as well..

but i strongly agree with this:
By going Forge first, you limit your tech path because you waste energy.

i am on the verge of a way to counter foxter i think but what i am doing will remain secret incase it dose not work plus the stratergy needs a little more experience and testing/fine-tuneing
i now belive that colony has become stratigic mental warfare especaly at pro leval: eg; if you make 1 spinx with alot of med the enemy is likely to stop building air. or building 2 banks and a spec opps on norm gives the impretion of you making missiles, whe you could build a few prides as monarchy to trichk them and then go back to a 2 bank forge build. and if pined with units without misile armor, they r likely to retreat those units. or if they have no units i will make them build misile resistant units plus meds giving u a chance to pin or destroy and win erly on. if you build bank then outpost then send out 2 or so tanks to halfway line, people will asume foxer and try something to counter that when infact you migh build forge next and pin with scouts and take the base down with romans before they know whats happened. you could call it the element of suprise.
this works best on pros becase they know alot of strats off the back of their hand and will often jump to conclutions.
i have tested what people do depending on what you build and have tested stuff out and asked some questions.
i realy belive this phychological warfare realy is the way foward. this sort of strat works best on 1v1 and will increase your chances of wining 2v1 and could give you the edge to the game when outnumbered.
i will be back with more deatais on phyco warfare within the week.
see ya then....

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!