Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted May 25, '11 at 1:40am

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

Hey I finally figured out Fascists in 2v2. They have two roles, snap defense and swarm.

You need to focus on resource structures first, until you feel you have to step in (snap defense). In late-game you then need to just pump out a crap load of units which is obtained from your early resource focus (swarm). When you feel ready, go kill you opponent.

This is not a style for decent, and definitely noob, players. I actually think this strategy is a little too advanced for semi-pros because of the advanced decisions required to play this way.

Still to Come high-level styles:
Communist 2v2
Capitalist 2v2
Monarchy 2v2

Posted May 25, '11 at 6:17am

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

Hmm, I seem to have failed with my quoting the post above.:P

When fascist, I like to get the first unit on the field so I normally only have a bank and forge, create some units for defense and influence and then work on teching, would you say that would go under the 'Snap defense' category or the 'screw it, I want influence' category? (I made the last category up myself.) Lol.

I think you are right, one person going on the defensive early game and the other massing resources can work quite well, I mean, by the time the resource masser gets to make a mechanics terminal, they would be able to make a very large amount of spiders or glads and if they were to go for post then they could still make a moderate amount of hovers.
The hardest builds to make work for 2v2 though are most definitely in the commie sector of the game.

Posted May 25, '11 at 6:44am

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

Yeah it works vs decent players in 1v1. I haven't tried it vs a semi-pro or pro yet. I works in pro 2v2, I really like it because you can choose to set up for an air based late game or supportive ground based late game. It also needs the player to go Forge.

Posted May 25, '11 at 9:06am

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

Fascist forge rush used to be one of the best builds in 1v1, Bank, forge, gen, solar, mod sakata. This build worked really well if you can micro scouts to take as little damage from marines and what not as possible. But nowadays with all the builds with spec ops and missiles, it is pretty redundant. Lol.

Posted May 29, '11 at 11:50am

FrankMajilicudy8

FrankMajilicudy8

1 post

Here is a good strategy.
Be fascist.
1.start by building an armory and earn cash from the armory.
2.once you get 50$ then build a bank.
3.upgrade the bank when you have enough.
4.build a forge when you get 40$ and earn energy from the forge.
5.when you get to 50$ then build a generator.
6.next upgrade your forge til you cant upgrade anymore.
send out sakatas.
7.once u have enough to uprgade your generator then do so.
8.when you get to 100$ then tear down the armory and build and uprgade a generator
9. Repeat step 8 but tear down the bank.
10. if you have enough influence then send out mod sakatas
11. at the end you will have 3 upgraded generators and a upgraded forge.

You also need a good partner to hold off til you get everything set up. this is a very good strategy if you get to the final steps. just keep sending out sakatas and air sakatas if they have air units and more than likely you will win.

Posted May 29, '11 at 7:22pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

Armory 1st is only cost effective as Capitalist.

Posted May 30, '11 at 9:15am

trying

trying

443 posts

It's ok as fascist as a substitute for your bank

Posted May 30, '11 at 4:23pm

Peggster

Peggster

490 posts

But if you are going to make a bank and an armory, you should always make the bank first because you don't have to wait for resources to make a bank, and it will mean more cash in the long run.

Posted May 30, '11 at 5:22pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

Actaully Armory Bank is always faster than Bank Armory.

Armory Bank isn't rush proof unless your Capitalist.

Monarchy should never Armory first unless you want to use your first 35 influence on a Mod. Phantom, which will take a minimum of 111 seconds to deploy with no field control.

Here are the Armory-1st times.

Capitalist: 10 seconds
Communist: 15 seconds
Fascists: 15 seconds
Monarchy: 20 seconds

Posted May 30, '11 at 5:24pm

ganlaf

ganlaf

175 posts

1a. you get a bank
2a. get one more bank
3a. upgrade one bank
4a. at 100$ destroy a
5a. get a op
6a. get 2 more ops
7a.at 100
8a. at 100-80$ destroy your last bank
9a. buy one more op

and there you go a good strategy for some ranks... but

1b.you need a person to defend when doing it
2b. you need the right government [moncherchy]
3b.you need to do nothing else [ or it will fail]

now you have a defending helper and, know what to do but you need to know what to do with the op on [cold war mode].

1c. get the mix of uints [5 at least]
2c. some far snipers [10 at least]
3c.defend till the the wave of bad guys is over becuse that means they are low on stuff such as money, guys, and more and if they make more guys they would die in a click. plus there base would die in the first place super fast[but wait till a big wave of bad guys or they most likely have more]

if they put the mode on normal. so you can use missles here is help

d1. if they have missles make anti missle guys from the ops
d2. on normal make a generator and upgreade it for more missles
d3. keep one bank for some missles on normal mode
d4. make sure you look at the bad guys base some times or you will make a mistake or worse!
d5.keep your guys away from each other at all times on normal mode or they will all die at once

well thats my opinion now post yours i hope i helped you

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!