Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Colony Strategy

Posted Jun 6, '11 at 7:01pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

969 posts

It's just poor game design.  That's all it is.

Posted Jun 6, '11 at 7:32pm

Endscape

Endscape

1,144 posts

I think that 1v1 shows a single persons skill the best as you have to cover air and ground and work out your own counters without relying on a teammate. 2v2 does, as you rightly said, show how good at synchronizing builds you are and how well you can work in a team, but I do think that 1v1 shows how good a player really is.

i disagreed, and agreedddddddddddddddd once u put it alllllll together, im horrible at 1v1..... thooo.... i can and have beat many players at 1v1... includin some pros....... but in 2v2 i shine, and ive beat many, many, manyyy pro teams and players, hell ive beat pro teams alone in 2v2's..... so i haveee to agree sir peggy, well said, well said indeed.

Posted Jun 8, '11 at 11:45am

123bradpull

123bradpull

36 posts

what you should do is build thwe groung scadacas as they wipe out enemay ground units but do give them air cove as the are vonerable to air attacks.and beffor you know you have won the battle.

tip:

get lost of eletric power
get loads of money

when thats done you have time to rest and watch the batle.

Posted Jun 10, '11 at 11:02am

vStorm

vStorm

7 posts

Spreadsheet of quicksmasher

Fixed the link.   

Posted Jun 10, '11 at 3:11pm

Peggster

Peggster

487 posts

get lost of eletric power
get loads of money

when thats done you have time to rest and watch the batle.

You would have to build an armoury, forge, manufactory, mechanics terminal, produce the..scadacas as well, no?:L

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key … l=de#gid=0
Double fixed the link.

Posted Jun 10, '11 at 3:37pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

969 posts

The sad thing about the spreadsheet is it contains false data in places.

Posted Jun 11, '11 at 12:31pm

Rangersoul5

Rangersoul5

136 posts

Wow. Can't believe still play this since 2009. Crazy. :O

I nominate Spetsnazi for best Colony player ever! And Groditz as the coolest unit!

Posted Jun 11, '11 at 1:43pm

Peggster

Peggster

487 posts

Yeah, there is a reasonable amount of false information on the spreadsheet but all in all, it does kinda give people an idea of units and their pros and cons.

Posted Jun 13, '11 at 9:41pm

Shateras

Shateras

11 posts

Well, I'm putting together a database of various strategies I use (I play Fascist and Monarchy, though I prefer Fascist) and I have to say, massive amounts of Gladiators is pretty much the best strategy I've come up with. There's really no stopping them. They have way too much health, are missile-resistant, and can shoot down ground and air units. The only way around this is an even larger army of Phantoms or Black Queens, coupled with Hover Tanks and more Gladiators. If the Gladiators are supported by Sakata Spiders and Sakata Mk. IIs, then you have a pretty much unbeatable army.

-Leviathan25

Posted Jun 13, '11 at 11:07pm

greentrev106

greentrev106

170 posts

I usually play as a monarchy beacuse you can buy so many modded phantoms, saints, and sphinxs

Reply to Colony Strategy

You must be logged in to post a reply!