ForumsNews and Feedback"Thanks" Button.

4 2677
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

I think if you make for example, someone doesn't know how to find the armatars and someone types "Go to your Control; Panel, and click armatars. You can find armatars there." The creator of the thread can click a button that says thank (round the persons name) and if they click it, you can earn something. I don't know what it is.

• 4 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

this is a reasonable idea. even though people do get points just for posting, but yeah, extra points for being helpful is a nice idea. i like it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

(after 5 minutes of thinking) OH! I think I know what you're talking about now! This is something similar to GameFAQS where someone can ask a question and decide, from a list of replies, which one answered said question. I don't remember what kind of system they have, but the answerer gets &quotoints" for helping the person out.

So if the ArmorGames team is still set on "reputation" points, I bet this idea can wrap around the feature. The asker presses that button next to the user who answers that question and they can receive reputation that way, aside from the various thumbs up he/she would get from others' approvals.

I do think this is a pretty good idea, though it may need some more questions. Can the OP (the creator of the thread) push the button on multiple people or just one? Can he/she also remove the button (therefore the benefits) if he/she doesn't believe it answers the question?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Like a thing off of Kongregate? How you can 'thank' the Moderators on there.

But on here you could 'thank' whoever you want and they would get more reputation points or whatever kind of point system they'll put in AG3.
I think the idea sounds good though.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed the idea of a like/dislike feature which will impact a user's "reputation". Check the forum for those posts and you'll get all the info you want/need.

Showing 1-4 of 4