ForumsNews and FeedbackNotifications

18 4578
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Ok well, I'm thinking their should be a link right next to where your logged in, that says "Notifications." If someone has sent you a friend request, posted on their dashboard (maybe not this, since it is very comm), or PMed you, it would be highlighted a color like white, so that you knew something new happened on your profile. This way you would know to check it.

• 18 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Or how 'bout a lil (1) showing how many notifications you have, or a little envelope icon or something :3

posted on their dashboard (maybe not this, since it is very comm)

Stuff that, I'd need it DX
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Notifications does sound like a good idea.
I would like to know if someone is trying to add me as a friend, someone comments on my profile and if someone sends me a private message. Most of the time I don't even check my profile for comments when they were open so getting a notification would be good thing.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You mean somthing along the lines of what Facebook has for notifying you whenever there's a new message and such? I mean something like this :

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5007/5342564969_01a3221b39.jpg

To this suggestion being implemented I would definitely agree! That would be a very helpful thing indeed! =D

Let's see what the AG WebDev team thinks of it!

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yeah basically like that. And like Pazx's idea, having a # next to it for how many friend requests, or pms, or comments.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Well... if this were to be implemented, AG would be having a chance to cut back on the emails they would have to send every time one of these features is 'activated' so to speak... but then again, they could also have both features aligned, like FB has now...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

jdogg, read your topic.
But yeah, I like how MrDayCee just described it. That would be a great feature to have. I just opened my comments again and I don't even check them that often. I probably look on my profile every 30 minutes or so. I just usually leave this tab open in the forums.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

jdogg, read your topic

[quote=Cormyn]Just wait till tomorrow )[/quote]
[quote=Cormyn]wait till tomorrow )[/quote]
[quote=Cormyn]till tomorrow ) [/quote]
[quote=Cormyn]tomorrow[/quote]

Awesome.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Today's beta release will start out giving you a notification count of how many messages are available to read in your activity stream (how many status updates from people you follow, essentially).

We're also looking at splitting it out into several counters for how many unread private messages, etc., that you have.

Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

Well you can get a notification to your mail.
But it kinda sucks, because your Inbox will get spam'd . And how often do you check your mail ? .. like once a week xD

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I check mine like every 20 minutes to 5 minutes to see if I got a email.

Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

Is that a problem to you ?
I mean, wouldn't it be more easy if you got a notification directly from the site ?

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

You mean checking my email??

No. I always have a tab of it open because I receive a crapload of email that is not from AG.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I just started up that. I checked the box that and it gives me an e-mail every time I get a comment. It's good to do. Mainly because I don't check my comments very often. I don't get many spam e-mails that aren't from AG. Probably because the e-mail that I use for this is just something that is disposable. I never use my real e-mail address for gaming sites or any other sites that people can see my e-mail.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I have never gotten any spam emails to my inbox, they all get stopped by my spam filters. =)

Mpbriggs
Mpbriggs
18 posts
Nomad

Yeah that is a good idea!

Showing 1-15 of 18