ForumsNews and FeedbackAGv.3 1-uping facebook (A review as of yet)

13 3801
Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Can I just state that the new AG site looks amazing? I like the new color scheme and the layout of the site, suffice to say the developers did an amazing job with it.

Things I like:
1) Placement of the ads: Banner ads have a tendency of being rollover ads, and when going down to your game they occasionally activate. The new layout of ads (as of yet) seems to work functionally without getting in the way.

2) Facebook style profile: needs no explanation really...

3) Page layout: From the ads, to the placement of the game thumbnails, to the games themselves and the profile page it seems extremely well done! But...

Things that could change (in my opinion):

1) My friends list is in the followers section or followed section, will this be changed?

2)Though I have no problems with the layout of the front page, a good idea would be to create collapsible menus, everything starts collapsed allowing quick search of the game type desired by the player.

3)When I clicked most popular games I saw a game with only 57 plays (???) probably just a bug but, meh...

All in all, it is a terrific improvement over v.2, this is my evaluation as of yet, can't wait to see the completed version.

So far, so good...

• 13 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

As a short reply to your possible problems and glitches... this IS still a beta testing website, so glitches will still occur and features are still not activated yet.
Just thought you should kow...

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I'm aware, I've made websites too, and I know the bugs that can develop, this is my review as of yet, what's to come has yet to be seen.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I personally don't like the facebook style profile. I think it should stay like it is.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I can get use to it.
It's just I like how the about section is bigger on here. The status updates though are good. It does remind me of facebook. For me though, I like how it is on the beta. It looks nicer. I love the darker background. And everything on there is laid out nicely.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

3)When I clicked most popular games I saw a game with only 57 plays (???) probably just a bug but, meh...

I have noticed this too. For example, the game "Flight" has 4,000,000 plays in AG2 and 2,700,000 plays in beta AG3. And other games have this problem too.

I didn't like the Facebook style of our profile. And I didn't like the way we move into the site. The things I liked were the new emblem and the colors of the scheme. I liked the games organization too.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Yeah, for me it is just the about section that I do not like. But otherwise it is good.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I like how the about section is bigger on here

Several users would disagree (including most of the web development team), especially against users who push the limit on the ~60,000 character limit on the biographies here on AG2 by simply copy-and-paste tons of ascii art.

As for the mis-matched game play counters, they're not migrated to AG3 in real-time, but once we finalize the beta, they will be.
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

simply copy-and-paste tons of ascii art.

Hopefully there will be no more of that, it's really unnecessary and quite ugly.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Dunno, maybe we'll make an ASCII art forum or something where every post is set in a monospace font or something. /shrug

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

will create a new review in say... one months time, feel free to lock this one...

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I hope you guys know what I mean. Sorry for the screwed up pic.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Several users would disagree (including most of the web development team), especially against users who push the limit on the ~60,000 character limit on the biographies here on AG2 by simply copy-and-paste tons of ascii art.

Well, I understand it with that. But I just updated my about section on AG2 and not even half of it is showing up on AG3. I just think it could be longer. I mainly just put things on my profile that could help people. Like links that show you the rules, all the games, forum search engine etc.... but none of that is showing up on AG3. I like the design and all on AG3. I'm just saying the biography could be a bit longer in able to fit all the things some people have on their profile.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I hope you guys know what I mean. Sorry for the screwed up pic.

I deleted the post, but yes, that's what we mean.

I just updated my about section on AG2 and not even half of it is showing up on AG3.

Er, did you read the last two newsletters we've sent? Or other posts in the AG3 forum? We've told users several times that the biographies are being truncated to 1,024 bytes for the beta. )
Showing 1-13 of 13