ForumsWEPR[Necro] Possible WWIII (World War 3)?

14 7318
ChaoticMist
ChaoticMist
8 posts
Nomad

So far, North Korea has attacked South Korea, and it happens to be that South Korea is our ally. Technically, North Korea attacked us. North Korea has only China as their ally. Could this POSSIBLY cause a world war?

• 14 Replies
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

No. For two reasons:

1. China wants to get rid of North Korea too. Wikileaks revealed that China would support uniting the Koreas with the South Korean government keeping control of the whole peninsula.

2. North Korea has always used threats of violence for aid. They will not be attacking anytime soon.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The sole reason it backs North Korea is because, as the sole supplier of practially everything to the blockaded country, it can charge obscene prices for staples.

Not exactly a cash cow.....unless you can provide the revenue data.

So far, North Korea has attacked South Korea

The NK-SK war technically never ever had a peace treaty. The war is still on.

world war

I don't think a fight between a few countries can be deemed a world war.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Firstly, refrain from saying "us" or "our" when talking about your country, mmn'kay?

Secondly, I really can't add to this.

woodsay
woodsay
15 posts
Nomad

no i dont think this will result into anything major

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

The NK-SK war technically never ever had a peace treaty. The war is still on.

Nothing major. Look at the Isaraili-arab relationships and the Yom kippur war, for example.
Guitarstring
Guitarstring
52 posts
Nomad

actually Yeah I do think so and actually I think it was because countries wouldn't leave each other alone. Maybe.

skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

I don't think NK would risk a war. they are not stupid. they may have a great ally (seriously, if china stops trading with the western world, we have a problem. china can sell alot of their products in their own country.) but if america starts nuking the country, that wouldn't help them.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Unless a whole lot of things happened at once, then no. China and the US have trade relationships: China sells to the US, and the US buys from China. In a war where they were on opposite sides, China and the US would undoubtedly stop trading with eachother. Nobody wants that, so war is avoided at all cost.

Unless Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and basically the whole world exploded at once, I doubt there would be a WWIII.

seriously, if china stops trading with the western world, we have a problem.

Western Countries only outsource to Asia because its cheaper to make the goods. What with worker Unions, pay, and liabilities in the West, its cheaper to pay a worker in Asia for the same product than in the West. This is what keeps prices low. If the US were to stop buying from China, China would lose a substantial buyer. It wouldn't kill them, but they'd lose a lot. The US would make everything in their own country, or move on to other countries for labor. The latter is more likely: making the goods in the US would be more expensive, driving up consumer cost so companies can glean a profit.

China is almost being set up for a USSR-style collapse. There too financialy dependent on the West buying their goods. If this were to change suddenly, China would be hurting pretty badly.
jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

No. It is only NK & SK that is in there own world, but we might help out SK.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Two or three countries poking at each other is not a "world war".
There's have to be like ten going back and forth.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Zydrate, might want to check how world war 1 started. One head of state of a small country was killed by serb terrorists, which kicked off a global war.

While that definitely played a role, there were many more global tensions at the time which likely would have led to war even had Archduke Ferdinand not been assassinated.
LoganGodCreator
LoganGodCreator
41 posts
Nomad

I think Japan will bomb China kicking off china attacking the rest of NATO including All of KOREA

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

think Japan will bomb China

Why (and how) would they possibly do that? They don't even have nukes.
Showing 1-14 of 14