ForumsNews and Feedback(reworded title) When can we change our armatar directly on AG3?

19 4809
Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

Please let me know if you find out

• 19 Replies
Iphone
Iphone
455 posts
Nomad

please go into more detail because, frankly, i'm not sure what you mean by this.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Technically, the armatars are already on Beta--we just can't manually select one from there. Selecting an armatar and maybe a custom one too, right? I bet you could ask Cormyn or another admin, provided one doesn't answer it for you here! I'm putting my money on "it will come on a future release".

Iphone
Iphone
455 posts
Nomad

sorry not getting the catch, what is Jetcord talking about exactly?

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

He's asking when we will be able to choose different armatars in the beta. But we can't yet, as Freakenstein said.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I actually have an entire folder on my desktop full of armatars I might use.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I actually have an entire folder on my desktop full of armatars I might use.

wow

I hope they don't make custom ones allowed, set ones make the site look more neat I think.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I hope they don't make custom ones allowed

Not even the ones people draw themselves?
I can understand not allowing pictures from the internet because of copyright laws and we don't want to get AG in trouble.
Fvpm
Fvpm
14 posts
Nomad

I hope they don't make custom ones allowed

I do like the set ones, and I agree with you, but I'm pretty sure on beta, we can already use custom ones.

Wow, I might drag and drop all my armatar possibilities into a folder, where i can host them on tinypic and use them on beta. Hehe, I can even use this to make my armatar a "?"
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

but I'm pretty sure on beta, we can already use custom ones.

They have no Armatar option yet. The one you use on AG2 is the one you use on AG3 beta. There's no way to change it off of the beta right now.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

In AG3 will we be able to put your own photo on our profile? (sorry if this was already asked in other thread)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

To quote Cenere:

Well, you have to remember that it would be a bad idea to get AG into trouble. Which means no copyrighted images, or more correct: No images you haven't made yourself or have the right to use my written consent of the creator.

Where I got it from.

I think if you make the image yourself then it'll be okay but you can't take images from other sites. I don't know for sure if they'll support the upload your own avatar idea.

I'd rather have more selection of the already added ones on AG2. That'll be fine. But they could add some sort of Armatar contest so that we'll always have new material. But they haven't done that since Carlie left.
jhockyerules
jhockyerules
6 posts
Nomad

can i get more details? its hard when you dont explain much

Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

In the Beta, when can you pick

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

can i get more details? its hard when you dont explain much

In the Beta, when can you pick

I'm sorry, but that's as far as my knowledge goes for the beta.
I don't know when they'll add the Armatar feature. It could be in the next release or it could be longer.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

If you change your armatar here, it will migrate to AG3, but you can't change your armatar *in* AG3 yet.
(see page 1)

Showing 1-15 of 19