Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Whats up with merits???

Thread Locked

Posted May 1, '08 at 5:58pm

StarScreamer

StarScreamer

629 posts

Ok im not mad at how they grade comments for merits or anything but its how they give them out. I've left all sorts of merit worthy comments on new and old games and i've only gotton one. The merit recognition place doesnt really do much. Awhile ago i saw a comment that got meritted and it said somthing like this, "the game wasn't very good beacuse the graphics were pretty bad and so were the controlls. i think that they nedd to fix that."
now idk about you but that is not a merit worthy comment. now im not complaining but when merits are givin out theyre not always to the right comments. So i hope some of mine and other peoples good comments can be noticed and we can all get som more merits.

Posted May 1, '08 at 6:08pm

dcfb312

dcfb312

213 posts

I agree, I left one that was longer and better wrtten than this other one that became a merit.

Posted May 1, '08 at 6:22pm

KlNG

KlNG

354 posts

Just because you type a long comment doesn't mean you deserve a merit ..

But I'm really not worried about them, since I don't really care what people think about my comments.

Posted May 1, '08 at 6:28pm

iskane

iskane

280 posts

Yeah i agree with KING. Just because they're long doesn't mean that they're good. To get a merit worthy comment you should say what they should change and keep in a sequal.

Posted May 1, '08 at 6:28pm

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

524 posts

I feel that my comments are always watched and if I don't get a merit, I proboly didn't do something up to par, but why would that get merited?

Posted May 1, '08 at 6:30pm

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

524 posts

Sorry for the double post but i just realized this is in tavern, this should go in support

Posted May 1, '08 at 6:58pm

StarScreamer

StarScreamer

629 posts

no it wasn't for guiding and stuff. it was to tel poeple some of the things that have been goin on for the whole meriting system.
and short comments are bad comments and long comments aren't always good comments but if you want a merit then thwey should be pretty long.

Posted May 1, '08 at 7:27pm

oscynk

oscynk

750 posts

Are you saying that you posted a comment on the MeritRecognition page, and it was nominating you? Because if so you are not allowed to do that. Just to let you know.

Posted May 1, '08 at 7:34pm

StarScreamer

StarScreamer

629 posts

no i didnt mean that. i no im not supposed to do that. lol. but the meritrecognition place doesnt really seem to give alot of pople merits. and some of the comments thatt people say arent even close to being merit worthy. (i've looked throuhg som of the links)

Posted May 1, '08 at 7:39pm

Jordanhasgerms

Jordanhasgerms

158 posts

Okay first of all it's a honor system that people nominate you. The Merit_Recognition page doesn't do all the work. There are key people that help out but mostly it's just your fellow gamers that help you get merits. I mean I don't agree with the merit example that you showed earlier but I know that good merit worthy comments are being trashed away because no one reads it or people are just to lazy to nominate you. I say that you should just keep it up and people will nominate you. You just have to keep at it!