ForumsGamesArmor Mayhem Map editor help

113 69162
Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

This is the official post for the Armor Mayhem Map editor.

Please do not post your map codes here.

Feel free to ask questions about the editor.

• 113 Replies
weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

for the team deathmatch spawn points, do i have to put up a spawn point for every team member? Plus, the spawn locations don't show on top of the items that i already have on the map, is that supposed to happen?

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

for the team deathmatch spawn points, do i have to put up a spawn point for every team member? Plus, the spawn locations don't show on top of the items that i already have on the map, is that supposed to happen?

disregard that, i remembered that i can just move the background.
weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

i have one question now, how do i make a background that doesn't block my view when i'm playing?

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

HEY GUYS! I have been getting a glitch EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE THE EDITOR! the glitch is that i cant press the buttons "save map" "share map" and "copy map code". this is GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING. PLEASE FIX IT.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

No you dont need to add spawn point for every player.I however usually add 2-4 spawnplaces per team, since it looks kinda stupid imo when all team memebers spawn at same place.

i have one question now, how do i make a background that doesn't block my view when i'm playing?

What you ment say as "block"?Object what dont collidable with player, or object what isnt collidable with player, but its above players/drops?
Prevent them to be collidable with players, just click a small box under "layer objects" list, when you have selected object.Preventing object to be above player, put that object on "static 2" layer (or animated 1/3 if its animated object).Remember, if you have put object allready at "static 5" layer, you have to remove it and go to "static 2" and them add object again from the "add object" menu, you cant move it to another layer!

HEY GUYS! I have been getting a glitch EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE THE EDITOR! the glitch is that i cant press the buttons "save map" "share map" and "copy map code". this is GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING. PLEASE FIX IT.

Which browser are you using?I am not sure how good level editor work with different browsers that Internet Explorer.
weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

Which browser are you using?I am not sure how good level editor work with different browsers that Internet Explorer.

i use chrome. It's just that before it worked just fine, but then all of the sudden it wouldn't let me test, save, and share the map
bleeb
bleeb
4 posts
Nomad

Hey I have a question. I made a map but didnt finish it and so im trying to go back and edit it but the "Open Map" doesn't work. When I select the .xml it just doesn't do anything. Have any ideas? =/

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

i dont know, sounds like the thing that happened to me

bleeb
bleeb
4 posts
Nomad

I think I may have figured it out. When I made the map I copied the mapcode into text edit and tried to load it like that intsead of the save profile. Woops =/
Either way it doesn't really matter any more. Just made a new one instead.

PassionPit
PassionPit
3 posts
Nomad

addicting online mode = final gem on the crown -> WINNIEST BROWSER SHOOTER OF THE CENTURY

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

how do you make the maps?

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

go to the armor mayhem map editor and then read the tutorial. the link to it is located in description.

blasterman
blasterman
17 posts
Nomad

please louissi tell me what a camping zone is thankyou

benoitranque
benoitranque
1 posts
Nomad

@weatherdog
the visual layers are divided in 6, in this order

Animated[6]
Static[5]
Animated[4]
Game-Play
Animated[3]
Static[2]
Animated[1]

To put it basically, number 1 is the first layer, on top of witch come number 2, then number 3. After that comes the game-play level, followed by number 4 then number 5 and finally number 6.
any object in layer 1,2 and 3 will go behind the game-play level(it will work as a background). any object on layers 4,5 and 6 will be in front of game-play. think of the layers as 6 windows: you are looking directly at window 6, trough witch you see window 5 trough witch you see window 4 and so on. Game-play is happening between window 3 and 4. Every time you add an object to a layer, its like you are sticking a piece of paper to whatever window represents the layer you are editing. the piece might or might not be collidable.
now say you stick a big background piece to window 5, you wont be able to see what is happening between window 3 and 4. and that is exactly where game-play happens. for a background you are better of sticking a piece of paper to window 2, that way you will see game-play first an behind that you background

hope that helps

blasterman
blasterman
17 posts
Nomad

for links, can you put a "walk" through solid things and they still go from there to there without going through the the solid? or do they still go on top of the solid? i am asking because i want to decrease the number of links i have to use.like in the "entry" of a ship, it has a slant, can you use just one? or 2 or 3?

Showing 46-60 of 113