ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164520
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
Wes880
Wes880
32 posts
Nomad

I think it depends on the game. When playing games like Armor Mayhem and Raze, I prefer the WASD keys. But with games like Shift and This Is The Only Level, I prefer the arrow keys.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

I use WASD for shooting and arrows for exit path.

yasko62
yasko62
52 posts
Nomad

Yeah So It Really Just Depends There Is No Challenge There Both Good For Diffrent Things

Dylanator
Dylanator
89 posts
Nomad

Even though I'm right handed, I find WASD is better, that is, when I'm using a mouse.

kittygirl777
kittygirl777
1 posts
Nomad

You may think I am freaking weird cuz of this...but...I always use 1 finger to type,and the other hand to hold the mouse.So,i'm a bit like ExplosiveDynamite,lol

Pohlhammer
Pohlhammer
136 posts
Shepherd

It depends what game i'm playing.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I will always use WASD. Using the arrow keys just feels weird to me. I guess it is just what you start using first and get used to.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

It depends what game i'm playing.

I dont see how playing a different game would make you switch from WASD to Arrow Keys. For me, I use WASD all the time no matter what game im playing, it just feels better on my shoulders cuz my hands arent so close to eachother.
GrazingBuffalo
GrazingBuffalo
32 posts
Nomad

I dont see how playing a different game would make you switch from WASD to Arrow Keys.

If you have to use the mouse with keyboard, it would be less awkward for people to use WASD. In games where you only use the keyboard, right-handed people generally use the arrow keys.

If I have a choice, I will use WASD, but in the end it just depends on what the controls are, and preference.
Devon223
Devon223
5 posts
Shepherd

I use WASD I'm use to though cause I play a lot of online games that gave the same controls

wolfboystev693
wolfboystev693
31 posts
Farmer

i agree with mattemangel same issue, especially in FPS'S like Begone, i rely on WASD keys, funny how i used to only play with arrow keys 2 years ago

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

As others have stated, WASD is better for me because you have more options with it with space and mouse and your pinky on enter if you're playing raze.

Syringe
Syringe
23 posts
Constable

arrows

fluffypanda1347
fluffypanda1347
19 posts
Nomad

im can use any but it depends on the game because if the game includes using a mouse then i rather use WASD but if you need to use other keys like NM or something then i rather use the arrow keys but thats just my opinion.

ImmortalLife14
ImmortalLife14
28 posts
Nomad

i will use WASD when i need the mouse also but i would use the arrow keys if space is needed

Showing 166-180 of 537