Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 7:06pm

AlderonArmor

AlderonArmor

230 posts

I always used to prefer the arrow keys, then as games shifted more and more towards WASD I adapted and now I find it much, much easier. It works well because it's comfortable, your left hand can rest in that position and access shift, space and the num/F-keys while your right hand controls the mouse.

I don't think I could ever go back to using the arrow keys now, unless it was the one and only option in a game.

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 7:09pm

foxyman6978

foxyman6978

112 posts

I like WASD for two reasons...
1: I am left handed.
2: The mouse is on the right side of my computer so when using a gun you can run and shoot at the same time instead of having my hands all on the same side of the computer.

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 8:22pm

epicness

epicness

340 posts

i use WADS on everything..idk why im right handed..

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 8:30pm

sk8brder246

sk8brder246

483 posts

Yeah, the arrow keys are just easier to use, I hate games where the option is just the WASD keys..

actually the WASD control scheme was designed for games that require arrow keys and the mouse. its just easier if you use your mouse on the right side of the computer (which im sure most people do) plus its more comfortable, i prefer games with WASD

Posted Jan 21, '11 at 8:54pm

Diltis

Diltis

48 posts

this topic is so useless ._.
but i prefer WASD keys

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 2:11am

Hoffmnam

Hoffmnam

12 posts

this topic is so useless ._.
but i prefer WASD keys

me too

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 3:19am

NoStradamys

NoStradamys

7 posts

i use WASD.In my opiniot it`s more comfortable.

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 10:31am

Flagg

Flagg

355 posts

When I was young, I used to use the arrow keys, but I soon realized, that WSAD is more confortable. Especially when you are playing FPS games like COD...because there, you have to use other buttons for other actions, like crouching, prone, melee attack, and you can use then without releasing the main movement buttons.

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 10:31am

shjack180

shjack180

49 posts

So far, my opinion concurs with most of what I've read in this thread.  I prefer to use WASD keys so that I am always ready to use the mouse, even in games where it is not required. (Hey, I like to hit the pause and menu buttons without messing up the flow of my gameplay)  I do use the arrow keys with my right hand so that my left hand is ready to hit the space bar when I'm playing EP, but now that I think about it, I probably could play both ways.

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 12:18pm

iMogwai

iMogwai

1,754 posts

I use WASD for everything. It's an old habit from FPS and MMORPGs, I guess, when you use your mouse and keyboard at the same time.

If you use the mouse with your right hand, WASD is a much better place for your left hand than the arrow keys, because it's closer to both the numbers and space bar.

For most flash games, however, it probably wont matter.

Reply to WASD vs Arrow Keys

You must be logged in to post a reply!