ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164653
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
NoStradamys
NoStradamys
7 posts
Farmer

i use WASD.In my opiniot it`s more comfortable.

Flagg
Flagg
526 posts
Peasant

When I was young, I used to use the arrow keys, but I soon realized, that WSAD is more confortable. Especially when you are playing FPS games like COD...because there, you have to use other buttons for other actions, like crouching, prone, melee attack, and you can use then without releasing the main movement buttons.

shjack180
shjack180
53 posts
Shepherd

So far, my opinion concurs with most of what I've read in this thread. I prefer to use WASD keys so that I am always ready to use the mouse, even in games where it is not required. (Hey, I like to hit the pause and menu buttons without messing up the flow of my gameplay) I do use the arrow keys with my right hand so that my left hand is ready to hit the space bar when I'm playing EP, but now that I think about it, I probably could play both ways.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

I use WASD for everything. It's an old habit from FPS and MMORPGs, I guess, when you use your mouse and keyboard at the same time.

If you use the mouse with your right hand, WASD is a much better place for your left hand than the arrow keys, because it's closer to both the numbers and space bar.

For most flash games, however, it probably wont matter.

pineappleman64
pineappleman64
46 posts
Nomad

WASD for shooting games or things you need a mouse for, arrow keys for anything else

DimaPaper
DimaPaper
55 posts
Nomad

I use both in diferrent games.
So, when i play Quake III, I use WASD, when i play XIII, i use arrow keys.
2 GhostOfMatrix
I am righthand, but actually, I prefer to use WASD.
Control choose is not depends on it.

Juan960
Juan960
26 posts
Nomad

I prefer the arrow keys, i dont like WASD just because im left-handed

deathkid510
deathkid510
17 posts
Nomad

WASD is overall better imo. If your using the mouse and your right handed, arrow keys stink

RunningOnH2O
RunningOnH2O
3 posts
Nomad

I'm right handed and I usually use the WASD keys.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

2 GhostOfMatrix

Some right-handed people do find WASD more comfortable. I was just speaking of most don't use those keys. They prefer the arrow keys.

On my laptop I find the position awkward when using WASD on a mouse game. I couldn't say for a desktop. Since I haven't been on one in a long time.
MusicMan102
MusicMan102
314 posts
Nomad

I would say it depends on the game for me, For Example: In razve I use my right hand to aim with the mouse and WASD for character movement, Although for Exit Path i use arrow keys for character control(right hand) and flow with left hand. I mean its entirely up to the player for what they use, this is just my opinion.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

WASD, if they have that option. I used to like arrow keys but once I played Stick Arena; Ballistick, I couldn't play with the arrow keys since I would have to cross my arms to use the mouse.

Know, I kind of don't like using the arrow keys that much since I played with WASD so many times.

falleiz
falleiz
32 posts
Nomad

WASD for lap top as makes touch pad easy to use, and arrows on pc

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

I'm the opposite; I'm a lefty who prefers the arrow keys.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I am right-handed and I have realized that the only game that I play with the arrow keys (that WASD is available too) is Exit Path. When WASD and arrow keys are available in any other games I choose for WASD

Showing 16-30 of 537