Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 9:31am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,476 posts

I like the arrow keys... It feels nore natural when you're using your left hand and a mouse, and i'm also a righty :P

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 11:42pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,974 posts

I ALWAYS use WASD unless the other controls are z,x,c or something like that. That way one hand is on the mouse. If I ever need to use the arrows, I have to move over to the side to position my hand. When I do that it feels weird, unnatural and it takes quite a while to get used to it.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 4:20pm

kim346

kim346

30 posts

I personally prefer using WASD, since you have an easier access to other button for other options (Q, E, R, T, G, F, V, etc.) Also, I like my arms far apart.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 4:58pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Sorry but whoever uses arrow keys aren't doing it right. I mean even if you're a southpaw it's still kinda strange cause most lefties I know still use the mouse the same as a righty.

WASD makes it a more comfortable play style especially since every other key is near each other, while the arrow keys are far from everything. Usually if you do use the arrow keys, you would probably have to change all the default keys as well.

So WASD for me every day..

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 5:00pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Oh btw, sorry for double post but.. The only way arrow keys are superior in my opinion is when there is no mouse involved, or little to no mouse use. Games where you use arrow keys and spacebar only are where arrow keys get used most.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 1:41pm

canada24

canada24

11 posts

well i am ambidextrous so its actualy a really hard question but when i way the facts I will say probably arrow keys

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 2:35pm

bigjacob

bigjacob

457 posts

I use both. I can play just as well with my right or left hand, though I am not ambidextrous.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 6:55pm

doomagedonn

doomagedonn

14 posts

i use arrow keys as it is more comfortable but i a still good with WASD since i get injeryes on my right hand+arm a lot

i think wasd is an option for left handers or injured people

arrows are supiorer because they are awesome

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 7:59pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

i think wasd is an option for left handers or injured people

...or for serious gamers

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 9:17pm

0pp

0pp

16 posts