Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:26am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

many games have the option to change it to numpad for people who use the mouse in their left hand.

I'm left handed and I use the mouse with my left hand, and I use wasd keys because it gives me more options (and I'm fairly used to it by now). Arrow keys can be a problem for laptop users(such as myself) because there is no numpad. Today PC games tend to lean towards wasd keys, and with good reason. It's simpler, easier, and you'll have a consistent feel for the game.

i think wasd is an option for left handers or injured people

Where did you get that idea? a lot of right and left handed people use wasd because of simplicity and the combination of options it gives. Arrow keys are for simple games like...platformers. A good example of a game where arrow keys fit would be "Give up", "One level" and "exit path".

arrows are supiorer because they are awesome

Same could be said about wasd keys. There are actually more people who use wasd keys than there are people using arrow keys, I personally feel more comfortable with the wasd keys, I'll stick with what I know best.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 4:53pm

Raylene3

Raylene3

12 posts

Arrow keys were always more comfortable for me to use. But WASD is used for most games, so it becomes easier with every game I play. (PWI, Binding of Isaac.) Both ways are comfortable to use, so it doesn't make much of a difference which I use.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 1:13pm

scavanger54

scavanger54

10 posts

wasd for life.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 2:59pm

ShadowGabite

ShadowGabite

2 posts

I use both, first I used Arrow Keys only because I was thinking they are easy to use, then when I got MineCraft, I learned to use AWSD as well.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 11:24pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

My first forum post was in this topic.

That's...um...nice to know...? No spamming please...keep on subject..and I'll help:

So..has your opinion stayed the same or changed since then? Have you had second thoughts on one or the other? etc

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:33am

09philj

09philj

842 posts

wasd is best if you are right handed and playing a flash side scrolling shooter. Arrow keys ae better for lefties.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 12:35pm

AerialMonarch

AerialMonarch

1 post

I prefer WASD for just about any game, the reason being my arrow keys on my laptop are too small

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 12:50pm

pokemonmania

pokemonmania

10 posts

wasd when you need the mouse and arrow keys when you need the spacebar (or other buttons).
i like the arrow keys because the up is really on top of the down, while the w-s combination isn't

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 7:50am

DRAGSTAR411

DRAGSTAR411

1 post

always arrow keys [b]

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 8:09am

d00mbringer

d00mbringer

4 posts

Im left handed so i use the WASD xD

Reply to WASD vs Arrow Keys

You must be logged in to post a reply!