Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Dec 31, '12 at 1:21am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,708 posts

What about you?

I agree..I must prefer WASD over arrow...but just wanted to get you to give your reasons why so we can break some spam-esque habits in the community

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 11:35pm

dragondino97

dragondino97

12 posts

WASD when mouse is involved.

Basically it depends on hand positioning and other controls.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 9:10am

ArmorPenetrator

ArmorPenetrator

24 posts

WASD when mouse is involved.

Agreed. I also like having FPS-like controls in a flash game, which gives the user more control on things to happen. But for a simple dodging or crushing or driving game that involves only moving around, there's no need for WASD.

One more thing, WASD were not invented for the left-handed people, most of them use the mouse with their right hand and happy to use their keyboard with their left hand.

Also, since most of the non-flash games nearly stopped using arrow keys, laptop producers started to give them less space, as my HP Pavilion does. I've seen a couple of other models like this and i don't like it. I didn't have the option of choosing the same model with a larger keyboard, of course, so i just bought it.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 12:45pm

arcaderat1

arcaderat1

1 post

I prefer the wasd option even though I'm right handed. I like it because my left hand is able to do the movements but not the more complex stuff that some games require

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 6:41pm

sleepyeye

sleepyeye

11 posts

I use WASD because on my laptop I have now mouse and when I use the pad and WASD my hands don't get tangled

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 1:44am

Siarnaq

Siarnaq

1 post

Arrow Keys!!!

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 11:01pm

johnnyboy3636

johnnyboy3636

45 posts

Why is WASD even an option?

For those that are left-handed.

I'm right handed and use wasd keys.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 7:28am

CountDimentio

CountDimentio

4 posts

WASD! For all those MMORPG players!

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 1:20pm

SonOfVader

SonOfVader

113 posts

WASD if I need the mouse. Other than that, I'm right handed so I use the arrow keys.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 2:41pm

itman2

itman2

37 posts

i like the arrow keys better cause i use the mouse with my right and arrows with left so then i won't have to look across the other side of the room to see what i wanna press and when i use wasd i always press e instead of w

Reply to WASD vs Arrow Keys

You must be logged in to post a reply!