Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Jul 13, '13 at 12:48am

tinyb0b

tinyb0b

301 posts

Ok, I have never heard someone say Wahs-d for WASD.
I prefer using wasd even though i am extremely right handed. Using WASD for any game is probably the only thing I use my left hand for on a daily bases.
P.S.:my left hand fingers act faster than my right.

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 3:05pm

bloodloon73

bloodloon73

4 posts

Well, arrow keys when you have to use spacebar or other keys, and wasd when you need the mouse. But when you don't need any I prefer wasd even if I'm right handed, because I like to have the mouse in my hand even if it's not needed.

This

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 3:21pm

xaeros

xaeros

54 posts

WASD is bad for azerty players. Arrow keys are universal, even with mouse-aiming games

Posted Jul 15, '13 at 9:48pm

Kingdom654

Kingdom654

9 posts

[quote]BTW, how do most of you pronounce WASD?

I guess I'm the only one that says ''wah-ess-dee''...LOL

Posted Jul 15, '13 at 9:51pm

Kingdom654

Kingdom654

9 posts

I didint do the ''quote'' thing right, did I?

Posted Jul 15, '13 at 11:49pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

5,831 posts

I am (slightly) ambidextrous, so it doesn't matter to me whether I use WASD or the Arrow Keys if I was give the choice in a game. If the game uses WASD and a mouse, I use that. If the game requires buttons like the spacebar or "z, x, c" like many retro fighting games, then I use arrow keys.

Really, I have no preference. I just use what is given to me.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 9:57pm

ricko427

ricko427

4 posts

I would very much prefer WASD, mostly because of the games I play, which require both the space bar and the mouse. Plus, the arrow keys on my keyboard are a lot smaller than the usual ones, so it's hard to use. However, I can see why players would use arrow keys; it's just a general thing. But then again, so is WASD.

To sum it all up: WASD FOR THE WIN.

Posted Jul 18, '13 at 10:25am

hezdog

hezdog

144 posts

I use WASD. I am right handed but if i use WASD i can use my main hand to control the mouse.

Posted Jul 18, '13 at 11:41am

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,315 posts

If I don't move the mouse it freezes so I rather choose those aim and shoot games like strike force heroes for example.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 11:51am

clhkph

clhkph

119 posts

I used to use the arrow keys but now I use WASD because the arrow keys are on the right side of the computer and I'm right-handed so I use the mouse with my right hand.That means I would use the arrow keys with my left, which is uncomfortable. I use the mouse near the center of my computer instead of the right or left side, so my left arm would have to cross over my right. I also play more games with both the mouse and keyboard so I got used to WASD.

Reply to WASD vs Arrow Keys

You must be logged in to post a reply!