Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Jul 26, '13 at 5:14pm

s9b1

s9b1

320 posts

Around first time of game being created. Arrow keys have been using a lot.

But later after the shooting games or game required u use skills come out. You have to use WASD. Reason is you can't use arrow keys while u use mouse. (Too close). Second. Since number keys so close to WASD. It will be then best choices.

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 10:26pm

kashoople

kashoople

57 posts

wasd is a lot more comfortable for me since i prefer to use my right hand for the mouse which is more requiring since its aiming and needs to be down effectively; plus its hard to put both hands on the same side of keyboard to use arrow keys

Posted Oct 21, '13 at 6:29pm

jcwgames

jcwgames

81 posts

Same here.

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 7:00pm

legolover12

legolover12

74 posts

I always use WASD unless absolutely necessary.I like my hands space far apart,plus it helps me with aiming.Also,making my left hand go all the way across the keyboard,with my hands right next to each other,is just plain uncomfortable.

Posted Dec 10, '13 at 3:57am

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,061 posts

I agree that the WASD keys are far superior to the arrow keys. Positioning one's hands with the mouse and arrow key combination vs. the mouse and WASD keys will clearly show that WASD keys are much more comfortable.

Posted Dec 10, '13 at 6:09am

nyscoutsanimeplace

nyscoutsanimeplace

34 posts

I have a lap top so I use wasd. im a lefty so it helps

Posted Dec 10, '13 at 8:26am

bakkart

bakkart

318 posts

I'm a lefty, which means I have the mouse on the left side ... which means arrow keys are better for me.

Posted Dec 11, '13 at 12:15am

CTRM4742

CTRM4742

13 posts

WASD was very annoying for me but now its the best comfertable movement keys for me... arrow keys wont give u a good spce between your mouse and the keyboard ... like from left hand from right hand. in other hand we can use alphabatical keys to activate several options same time u move in a game . And its very easy to reach alph. keys from WASD rather than arrow keys.

Posted Dec 13, '13 at 1:23pm

Raze5000

Raze5000

43 posts

I kind of think the argument of you use WASD only when you are a lefty is a bit moot. I am a right hander and I have used WASD ever since I started playing video games (since I was six, and except for my first six months of gaming, where I used arrows cos WASD was not yet introduced.
And even more, every gamer in my school uses WASD. Thats like 800 people. WASD is closer and more accessible to any other key on your keyboard, and it also increased my typing skills. Arrows only work in flash games because WASD is more the sort of thing you see in RPG MMOs or FPS MMOs because you have a variety of commands and moves you can use (or because arrows aren't in the game options, like in Uberstrike).
In my opinion, WASD is better, and far superior.

Posted Jan 2, '14 at 6:30pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

869 posts

I'm a lefty but I use a bit of both. When casually internetting I use my right hand for the mouse but in gaming I use WASD and only arrow keys in casual games that don't require much precision.

Reply to WASD vs Arrow Keys

You must be logged in to post a reply!