ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164156
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
007TheOne
007TheOne
55 posts
Nomad

For those that are left-handed.

I'm not left handed and I think that wasd is very comfortable
since that lets me have a better shot in games such as thing thing
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Im right handed but i use WASD because its better to point ur gun then spray... Some games like racing games dont need a mouse during game so its easier to use arrow keys. Overall I like WASD better than arrow keys.

Rhalph
Rhalph
3 posts
Peasant

I hate WASD because I have not a QWERTY keyboard. Try to play with ZQSD...

XxProNoobxX
XxProNoobxX
41 posts
Nomad

Arrow keys, unless i use mouse.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

WASD is for games that use a mouse, Arrow keys are for games such as platforms that use the keys as Fire/ Jump

Varying degrees of those

HMFan814
HMFan814
8 posts
Nomad

I prefer the arrow keys in almost all situations. The only time I use WASD is when enter is the action button (such as "shoot&quot. I also find it easier to use the WASD buttons if I have to use the mouse to aim.

Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

It depends what type of game it is. I prefer WASD for fps, and arrow keys for basically all other games.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I like WASD for any shooters. Arrow keys are only good for platformers where you don't use a mouse and shoot with space. Like Space Invaders. But for games like Sierra 7 I prefer WASD.

Kusic
Kusic
184 posts
Peasant

WASD is better combination for lefties, such as me, because if i play a game with A S D and arrows, i have to cross my hand and use left for Arrows and right for A S D. I found a solution - i bought A4Tech X7 keyboard with option to switch Arrows with WASD, so i can use them .

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

i always use WASD keys, even though i'm left-handed. With the WASD keys i have quick access to often important keys like "F","R","Spacebar", "Q+E" and sometimes, "Z+X+C". Whenever i play with the arrow keys i dont feel comfortable and i always like having the mouse in my right hand.

weatherdog
weatherdog
172 posts
Peasant

i mean right-handed, not left-handed

Kusic
Kusic
184 posts
Peasant

wasd has 1,2,3,4; e,r,t,f,g,c,v and not very practical x,z; alt space, ctrl shift, caps, tab.
Arrows have ctrl, dell end pg down, shift and numeric keyboard. I think we have a winner ! also the closenes of arrows to mouse is a problem, while wasd - mouse distance is more or less the same as arms distance

Starwarsfan6161
Starwarsfan6161
142 posts
Nomad

I usually use wasd keys, but I use arrow keys too.

XxProNoobxX
XxProNoobxX
41 posts
Nomad

WASD if im using a mouse. Usually arrow keys though

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

If the game's controls are given to me as WASD, then I use WASD, and vice versa. But if I can use both, then I sometimes use one, and I sometimes use the other. I'm left-handed, but I guess that doesn't apply when I'm using the keyboard.

Showing 76-90 of 537