Forums

ForumsFlash Games

WASD vs Arrow Keys

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 5:42am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Anybody who grew up on PC games would be used to WASD.

Not me. I've played a lot of PC games and I am so used to using the arrow keys. I despise games that require you to use WASD.

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 8:45am

64 posts

But how?! Let's take the Thief series for example. You need quick access to several keys to reverse, lean, croutch, pick up, run. If your left hand is way over on the arrow keys while your right is on the mouse, how do you perform any actions quickly?

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 8:47am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

I use a laptop.
So my mouse is right in-front of me making it easier to use my left hand for the touch pad and my right hand for the arrow keys.

On a desktop though, yes, it would be much better to use your method. :)

Posted Feb 16, '11 at 1:31pm

Tosheros

Tosheros

7 posts

Perosnnaly, I don't have a qwerty keyboard but an azerty one. So the WASD is actually ZQSD.

Though I can easily understand that adapting every kind of gameplay to every kind of keyboard might be an unnecessary work since only french-speaking people uses azerty keyboards, I don't like it when a game only use the WASD keys and don't propose the arrows...

Posted Feb 17, '11 at 11:48am

Larmus

Larmus

353 posts

I use arrow keys only in Racing games. But I always use WASD in first-person and third-person games, although I'm right-handed...

Posted Feb 17, '11 at 7:46pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

When its just the WASD or Arrows? arrows all the way. When coupled with the mouse? I enjoy the extra space the WASD gives me

Posted Feb 18, '11 at 2:08am

007TheOne

007TheOne

55 posts

For those that are left-handed.

I'm not left handed and I think that wasd is very comfortable
since that lets me have a better shot in games such as thing thing

Posted Feb 18, '11 at 11:22am

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

Im right handed but i use WASD because its better to point ur gun then spray... Some games like racing games dont need a mouse during game so its easier to use arrow keys. Overall I like WASD better than arrow keys.

Posted Feb 18, '11 at 11:27am

Rhalph

Rhalph

3 posts

I hate WASD because I have not a QWERTY keyboard. Try to play with ZQSD...

Posted Feb 18, '11 at 9:35pm

XxProNoobxX

XxProNoobxX

43 posts

Arrow keys, unless i use mouse.

Reply to WASD vs Arrow Keys

You must be logged in to post a reply!