ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164152
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
kimorai
kimorai
3 posts
Nomad

I always prefer arrows but for certain games that tend to have more controls like zombotron wasd is much better. However, if I had my way, arrow keys plus the space bar is the best way to go

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

WASD keys are easier for me when playing a shooting game. But other than that, arrow keys are better for pretty much every other game.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

WASD because u use the mouse for most action adventure, and other fun games... i think that arrow keys are now *outdated*, overused too confusing, uncomfortable, etc.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

WASD because u use the mouse for most action adventure, and other fun games... i think that arrow keys are now *outdated*, overused too confusing, uncomfortable, etc.

The arrow keys are not outdated. There are still plenty of games that don't require a mouse, therefore making use of arrow keys comfortable.
mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

When the mouse is envoled i use WASD but, I normally use arrow keys,

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

When i was young i was so confused what WASD was so i used arrow keys.
Then i gew up using WASD cause they feel so much easier to use.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I prefer arrows keys. That's normal, because I'm french and my keyboard is "AZERTY", not "QWERTY".

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

â" + â' + â + W = Perfect combination.
I use this to play Exit Path. Well, with space included, too.
It works really fine for me. If you learned it once it is easy to control.

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double posting, but the framed question mark's should have been the left, right and down arrow's. :/

AngelOfDecisiveness
AngelOfDecisiveness
46 posts
Nomad

WASD = Left Handed Arrow keys= Right Handed! Durrr

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

WASD = Left Handed Arrow keys= Right Handed!

That is logical when there is no mouse required. When a mouse is involved, that is reversed. Also, some games like Bubble Tanks require WASD. As a conclusion:

RH No mouse: Arrow Keys
LH No mouse: WASD
RH Mouse: WASD
LH Mouse: Arrow Keys
Bubble Tanks-type games: WASD

Actually, WASD makes sense for Bubble Tanks since that game also requires a mouse.
shade338
shade338
124 posts
Shepherd

I use WASD because of shooting games not because i am LEFT HANDED i am RIGHT HANDED personally i find it annoying that if i use the arrow keys and i need to use the mouse it gets rather annoying thats why i use WASD even my friends use WASD and they are right handed. Just because WASD is on the left side of the key board doesnt mean it has to do with left handed people. ANY BODY can use WASD because all you have to do is press the buttons your not writing or drawing something.

Regards, Shade338

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

If I'm using a mouse, WASD. If it doesn't require a mouse and uses the space bar or X&Z, arrow keys. It all depends on how far apart each hand is. I use what keeps them farthest away to keep me from messing up.

elfisparsley
elfisparsley
201 posts
Peasant

I am right handed and i normally use wasd, probably because my arrow keys got apple juice spilled on them so the down and left stick...

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

Most of the time, I prefer the WASD keys to the arrow keys. One of the few exceptions is EP (Exit Path).

Showing 136-150 of 537