ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164165
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Well it all matters if you are right-handed or left-handed. I'm probably an exception since I am left-handed and I use the arrow keys.

FlashGameInformer
FlashGameInformer
245 posts
Nomad

Right handies are better with wasd

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I'm right handed and I am horrible with WASD. I'd rather use the arrow keys unless the game requires for me to use the touch pad then it's fine to use WASD.
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

And I'm left and I'm horrible with WASD. I'm much more used to the arrow keys.I find them more responsive and easier to control. The WASD just sends me all over the place. I only use it when its position is more convenient, and even then it annoys me.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Well, it doesn't mean all of the right hand people can use wasd. Durrr
kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

i can use both equally...i rlly dont know but i in most cases i prefer the arrow keys...easier to reach, but i do like the challange of the wasd

howdy111
howdy111
77 posts
Jester

I use the WASD keys but I have no idea why. I am right-handed but it feels more comfortable with my left. I have a laptop but I dont use a mouse so if a game needs a mouse its practically impossible to use the arrow keys because I can't move and click at the same time with my left hand.

Denchot
Denchot
2,105 posts
Nomad

i used to use arrow keys but i shifted to wasd it it is better for me becuase i can access more buttons & i am right handed

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

arrow keys are ok, but WASD is really the only way to go if you have to use the mouse AND other keys to play.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

WASD is really the only way to go if you have to use the mouse AND other keys to play.

Not really. I can use arrow keys with the mouse perfectly and I can use the WASD without using the mouse. I only use arrow keys when I play Exit Path or car racing games.
rafcommando1
rafcommando1
45 posts
Nomad

I use wasd even though im both handed but the main reason is when i play on laptop my hand gets cramp so i quit when i got a laptop.

Aggresivenow
Aggresivenow
7 posts
Nomad

WASD gives a lot more room for other keys to be used in a game. (Not saying overly using buttons in a game is good.) Although, more room, usually equals easier gameplay. A lot of hardcore gamers use WASD, but you DO have to remember this is a FLASH game site and is used by casual gamers as well.

JangoFett3
JangoFett3
6 posts
Nomad

I use WASD all the time, for me it is more comfortable and it also makes it easy to use the Q,E,R,F, shift, and space keys on a lot of the games that I play.

laza
laza
66 posts
Nomad

I use WASD I am right handed but I prefer WASD cuz it's a lot easier to maneuver in any game including flash games.

XxProNoobxX
XxProNoobxX
41 posts
Nomad

I can use either.

Showing 46-60 of 537